Chapter 29

I thought we were prepared for the grand ball. As the enormous door opened and announced our surname which brought clamping bells in my ears. The soft palm on my hand tremble, beside me was my beautiful wife. I was walking her on the red carpet and it was an amusing sight to behold when she became conscious with the people stares.

We finished paying respect for His Majesty and it was the night for the first dance. Crystal with her grin plastered on her face pulled me in the center of the spotlight. She began to take the first step and sway her body. I took a glimpse at Josh and he replied me with a nod.

Yet, my eyes didn't leave him from there. I watch the knight guard my wife in the area of the foods and it was the only moment I could breathe safely.

"Why don't you focus on me?" the wench asked.

"Isn't the time you should tell me where are the gems?" I raised my eyebrow.

She chuckled as her finger with her long red nail traces my nose until to my lips. "Why so impatient darling."

I caught her malicious hand and place it back on my shoulder. I would never let this woman to have her way in me. "I am done with our agreement."

"Oh my. Now, did you?"

"Hmm. You've become fearless as the days passed by."

"Aren't I learning from you?" She flinched when I tighten the grip on her waist. I spin her harshly that made me receive a glare from her. As I concluded, she doesn't have an ounce to utter her secret.

Well, it's not a problem. We will just have to move forward and make that mouth of her speak the truth. Everything was sailing smoothly. She wouldn't know that I send the adequate knights to the Dukedom instead of those skilled ones and they were here, watching her move.

"The Crown Prince is handsome as usual," she commented. I followed her eyes, on where she was staring at and I cursed when Allerick, His Royal Highness was approaching my beloved wife. I instantly let go Crystal as my feet that have its own mind walk towards them.

Never knew that in this worst scenario, my prediction of the castle being attack happened. The lights went off, I was calm since that Princess wore the magic ring that I gave her. If she escaped in this current situation, we will be able to easily track her.

Yet, I started to panic when my wife drifted away from my grasp because of the nobles going berserk. She was just right here beside me, I should have hold her tightly. I cuss and cuss again as I frustratedly comb my hair.

I deeply regretted that I didn't give Madelaine any jewel that would make her found in the dark. Of course, there is no way that my suspicious of the future is exactly right and my plan will always flow the way I want. I didn't even know that they will assault the Imperial Palace with this kind of method.

My hand rest on the handle of my sword. I sharpen my senses and feel the presence of the intruders. They might be after me however, their moves were quiet and soft. Then, I came to a conclusion that the invaders were assassins.

"That impudent King!" I clench my jaw and continued my search for Madelaine. Surely, this is what they are scheming with the Princess from the start when she became my concubine.

It was strange and doubtful. There was none of the assassins tried to point their blades at me. My heart was beating faster that I never felt during the war. My movements were restricted and cautious.

When I sighted a glowing ring, I frowned. Where the hell are the other knights and they are just letting her runaway? I immediately caught her from behind and straggle her neck with my arm.