Chapter 24

I sigh.

When the room filled with a gloomy atmosphere, dark resides within my soul and the day has once again accomplish its purpose. Beyond the curtain, a window where it lets the orange lights enter that will soothe people's heart as it reflects in our eyes.

No matter how many times I ask myself, where did it go wrong for me to love his aqua blue eyes? His broad shoulder that I kept relying, a firm jaw that he always clenches when he finds something displeasing.

Yet, I found myself drowning into his red lips crash into mine, loving his caressing rough hands as he held me close to his tough arms. Not long ago, I was trembling at his mere sight. Fear of not having a tomorrow whenever I'll meet him.

When did I learned to long for his dull sword that he always carries around his waist, that makes him intimidating? Not only that, his menacing presence were heavy and it feels like it was choking me as he gives me uncomfortable stare.

Right. Those memories became precious to me that they've become a part of me. To lose the half will mean living my life in an empty shell. Floating among the stars in space without nowhere to go as I let destiny to decide with my destination.

What should I do now? I'm terrified of something else. Different from way before and then, realization hit me. Perhaps, from the day Crystal appeared and how she mingles with everyone so easily is not due to the fact that I shivered that she'll steal my title as the Grand Duchess.

But for her to take away my purpose. My meaning in this household. Yesterday memories didn't leave my wavering feelings. It was the emotions that I was afraid, that I would rather hide under the table. The scene of me, not being needed.

If I'm not just the wife of a Grand Duke then, what am I? A compensation for a peace treaty between Claintery Empire and Arello?

Could that be it?

I shook my head. Useless as it was empty words that just replacing my work thoughts. If I haven't felt the warm sunlight dancing against my arm, I wouldn't come to my senses and focus to the proposal papers that I was signing.

There are stacks of documents that should be done today, I should not slack off and gawk. It only took a day for the documents to pile like a mountain. For the reason that I took a rest instead of proving my essence.

A knock that I heard from the door reigns the silence of the place. Jackson show up, bringing a silver tray on his hands. I stretched my arms to let myself relax for a bit, cracking the bones of my fingers.

"Madam, should you be stressing your work even you've just recovered from fainting?"

"I'm fine. Nothing hurts in my body," I answered his concern while stretching my neck.

I must be a burden to them, causing of numerous accidents of me not being healthy. Scared of blood, allergic to flowers and skipping meals. I laugh in my mind as the flashback recall my hilarious moments.

"What did you bring me for today?"

"It's not a tea Madam," he stated. Already assuming that I was expecting for my favorite beverages and some snacks.

"Hmm?"

"A messenger came from the Imperial Palace and ordered me to give the letter and the necklace to the Grand Duchess."

My face lightens up when he mentioned of what I've been waiting for these past few weeks. It's not the invitation of the ball from the Crown Prince to his upcoming birthday but the most treasured ornament that I will value.

My eyes glittered and a wide grin reached my ear, failing to hide my elatedness to the butler as I went near to him and gently pick up the necklace from the tray. "This is wonderful."