Chapter 8

Grand Duke Alcide Cajarte

"Your Excellency, were fortunate to find a healer in the inn of the town," saluted of a knight.

A rare existing being currently lodging at our territory. What an odd. I look at the meek sleeping face of my wife. She was better like this, seeing her lips pout than trembling when she glimpsed at me. I sighed. Well, lucky for you then.

When a ruler possessed healers, they can be considered invincible. For they do not rely only to medicinal herbs and potions but instead, they got holy powers to boast. They are nothing but useful in wars. As well as situation like this.

"Bring her here."

"Yes, Sire!"

I sat down on the mattress beside her. With my bold palm, I caress her cheek that made her slowly open her dear eyes and met my gaze. Her lips parted and tried to get up but I immediately stopped her.

"How are you feeling?"

"Itchy," she complains, trying not to let her fingers crawl on her arms with red marks.

This is my fault. I keep blaming myself while recalling the hours before it all happen and all I can do was just to click my tongue.

"If this doesn't work, I will have the two of your heads hang," I threatened them beside me.

Jackson's idea is to make me and my wife have a better close relationship by using the condition that we both agreed, which I doubt. In addition to that, Josh also wanted to confirm where did my wife knew such thing about those routes. And so, they came up with a plan that forces me to participate, saying that it will eventually be benefited to me.

They wanted to lure her in my office with the excuse of Josh's concern. Even though, we already knew what's beyond those rumored rocks was just a clear path. Hitting two birds in one stone, as what the butler of mine spouts.

Because her idea was brilliant, it shook our ground. Not only she solved my dilemma with ease, the preservation of food was also a successful. The researchers were amaze enough to get motivated in this new method that they were able to work until the sun rise just to accomplish it.

Eating the food in a can after a few days did never disappoint us. The taste was still the same after few hours have passed. It was highly advantage for us to choose the can compare the meat. And before we knew it, we were able to produce thousands of them with different flavors as their imagination go on.

With this, we can conquer that remotely Ivium Dukedom easily. All the glory shall dedicate to my wife. Truthfully, I never regretted marrying her and rather was simply grateful.

So, once again. I asked Jackson's advice for his plan the last time was awfully did a great job; I must say.

"What could make her happy?"

With his proud nose and beam smile, he sure answered flowers confidently. I'll have to cut he's tongue if I ever get the chance.

"Why your face has darkened? Perhaps, I did something wrong?" she caress my cheek without her knowing.

"No," I clench my jaw. Holding the back of her tender palm, only to be brought on my lips and damp a gentle kiss. "Forgive me, I didn't know you're allergic to flowers not until your maid went hysterical."

Not even a second has gone by when she withdraws her hand from me. Staring at me drastically with her wide eyes, that it was something unbelievable happening right before her sight. She then, looks down and tightly grip the blanket.

"W-well. It's because you didn't ask or get the chance to know me."

My lips formed into a thin line. Once, the cold ice has melted and my gaze turned soft. "How could I. You kept avoiding me."