Chapter 16

Grand Duchess Madelaine Cajarte

"You've been going out a lot, Madam," a maid worriedly asked me while brushing my long hair.

"It's fine. I plan to see a musical play today." I chose a light scent perfume spray on my clothes. The usual get-up, wearing black cloak for me not to attract gazes.

After so much work piling up. I finally put an end to my own battle. Naturally it will only take me a few days to finish my duties. Hence, the Grand Duke wasn't still here. Of course, all of his responsibilities will be handled over to me.

Because of his absentee, my head was aching to the point that I've thought I'm currently experiencing migraine. Don't I deserve some rest? Not only I manage the other lands but I've been also tracking the changes in Persian, continuously improving their environment.

"Very well. I hope you enjoy your time." she bowed her head with the others. The remaining knights in the manor followed me. They were assigned by the Grand Duke to guard the mansion instead taking part in the war.

I must compliment them. The Grand Duke left highly ranked knights with excellent skills. When I asked for them to hid their presence since, it was uncomfortable for me to be surrounded by a group of men. They instantly understood me and decided to tail my shadow.

"Yes, I will."

If other people will look at me on the outside. They will be thinking that a mere young lady is straying along with her one maid, unescorted by the soldiers. Yet, despite their knowledge. There are numerous of knights were watching us while tagging along with me.

I rode the carriage they prepared. We travel by then to the famous theater in the city. It was a place filled with lively orchestra. Expecting to be able to watch the most awaited love story.

The structure building was marvelous. Designed that will appear like a small castle. It was more astonishing when I walk inside. I chose to sat above, where I can see all the guest from below. Gold terrace and red curtain made the butterflies in my stomach wild.

Quite the aura of vintage. Whenever I look around, there are portraits of famous musicians hanging on the wall. The chandelier is classy, so much light coming from the candles. I'm regretting that I didn't brought something to eat with me.

"Oh my, Grand Duchess Madelaine. I never knew that you will be here? It seems that, the destiny is with us."

And when everything starts to become good for me. He then, appear beside me like he predicted that I will be here. I was forced to stand up from being comfortable on my chair and bow my head with courtesy.

"Greetings Crown Prince, may the Arello flourish with your reign. Indeed, our fates must be intertwined."

He looked at me with amusement in his eyes and I retaliate back without humor. "Why so formal? Even though, we've done something deeper than that."

I tried my best not to shot him with glares. Hoping that he would be mindful with his usage of words. Not to be mention, his soldiers were just one step behind from his back and was cautiously guarding him. Listening to our conversation that may cause misunderstanding and will lead to another rumor.

Yet, that's new. He didn't escape them for I almost laugh at him. Perhaps, they've become stricter in keeping an eye to this persistent young man.

"May I sit beside you? If you don't mind?"

"Your Royal Highness, the seat is all yours," I plastered a smiled and behind those were a sarcastic. I was about to look for another location where a person wouldn't bother me with my enjoyable time. If only his knights didn't block my path at his signal. I turned to him full of questions, he was smirking.