Chapter 21

"Oh my, perhaps you're the concubine."

"Pardon for my intrusion. I am Crystal, a princess from Mazo." She bowed her head as she greeted, clasping the both side of her skirt. Her hair was fixed into a bun, all of her strand was kept neatly. That she will look dashing and intimidating with her image.

"May I join your party?"

"Sure. Please take a seat."

She boldly sat on the vacant chair then, highly ordered a servant to poured her a cup of tea. The spotlight turned to her; shrill voice ruled the air as she chattered with my honorable guests. They asked few inquiries about her life in the neighbor country that turned as our enemy yet they warmly welcomed her. As they were curious with exotic features of a foreigner.

They're talking with different topics that seems to be difficult for me to follow. Her class must have ended early for her to arrive here prepared. With all the cosmetics applied to her face to look her even more extravagant as well as those shining jewelries that she's showing off. Hmm, she came here well-planned as if she was scheming something.

I silently sip from my cup, wishing that this would be done sooner. Thanks to Crystal, I don't have much speaking to do. By all means, she can have stage to her wants. She's quite useful in times of these things. Just don't notice me and include myself when you cause such scene.

"You're quite an interesting fellow."

"Such a wonderful feeling to be compliment," Crystal responded.

"The Grand Duke's taste is quite different." Baroness Muchacha gave me a meaningful smirk that I also returned her with an innocent smile.

Yet if I wouldn't do anything, their favors will be gain by Crystal and all of our efforts in holding this small gathering will turn into waste. Jackson will surely scold me for being timid. So, I tried to get their recognition the best as I can. "Does everyone know the book entitled Revolution?"

I grab their attention that I felt conscious when their eyes set on me. Was my question so weird that they will pause with their mouth hanging. Is my complexity not good or if my hair was messed up by the wind?

"Pfft– " Crystal restrain her laugh. "Forgive me Your Excellency. Nowadays, people are not fond of shabby books anymore."

They also chuckled as if I was trying to be hilarious and did not gawk me again. Crystal continue her talk. "Now, where were we?"

"Did you hear about Countess Bobo?"

"May I know, who is that person?" Crystal asked.

"She is a woman- " I tried to explain but I was cut off by the Baroness. My lips formed into thin line.

"Right. You're new here, you don't know many people yet."

Perhaps, I shouldn't learn all about the aristocrats in Arello. In that way, I would also have an excuse to make a conversation with them naturally just how Crystal mingle with them. She's not trying to offend them by having lack of knowledge instead, she pretends to be interested in the subject.

And then, the gossips expanded furthermore that left me with no choice but to keep silent and eat the snacks that was prepared. Goodness, how am I so bad at this yet everyone could do it?

"Crystal is fun to talk with. What about the Grand Duchess?"

"I agree. Now that I think about, Her Excellency was also here. I didn't notice for I was too absorb with our chat that I almost thought that Princess Crystal was the one who invited us."

That's really a funny way to ignore me when you're the one who rudely didn't let me speak. I remain calm that will be visible to my posture. Chest out and no traces of emotion on my face. Keeping my cool inside of my mind, refraining from bursting my frustration.