Chapter 19

There are two types of well-known reigning system within a country or the whole continent. The imperial setting and the monarchy setting.

Claintery Empire is distinguished as the primitive, for the first Emperor conquered all the rulers in different lands and established an Empire to be passed down to his descendants. While the Arello may also have various territories, the Emperor which the tyrant Grand Duke Alcide serves hold more influence than any other ruler in countries. Mazo is in the second option yet unlike Arello, the King of Mazo reigns the entire country.

Under the Imperial Setting, the Emperor was the highest rank and the absolute. After him was the heir of his throne which is the Crown Prince. Then the status of Grand Duke that can be inherited or bestow, a ruler of a territory called the Grand Duchy. The Princes and Princesses, either a pure blood or a bastard were the last rank in terms of royalty status.

Dukes, ruler of the estate called Dukedoms are the superior level in aristocrats or nobles. Then the status of Marquess. The Count or Earl which own lands refer to as Earldom. The Viscount, the Baron and lastly the Knights.

No matter how much I analyze my position in this society, I couldn't find any faults.

So,

Why?

Should I be considerate...

and sympathize with her?

"She's horrible!" Her finger was pointed directly at me as she sniffed and cry while hugging the Grand Duke tightly. Burying her face with tears in her eyes on His Excellency's sturdy chest, tarnishing his expensive suit.

He looked at me with no traces of emotion. I bow my head and stare at the white tiles flooring, as if I was feeling guilty in the way his eyes glued to me. My hands grip the laces of my dress, ashamed that I just want to disappear at his sight.

How did I end up with this current situation? He must be furious that his concubine is weeping in his arms for him to stay quiet along with his cold face. And I could feel the tension molding in the air.

I didn't mean for her to be offended with the words that I let go or is it just me being, thoughtless of the matter that I should've not said. Unexpecting that if I meagerly retaliate it would lead me in this certainty, that would cause for her feelings to be ache.

"Grand Duke! You should punish her."

Before all of this happened. I do remember that I woke up from an elated sleep and thus, I begin my usual routine before having my breakfast at the balcony. It was tasteful as I eat the pasta with soft bread that was bought from my favorite shop. The coffee also emits a powerful scent that made me energize to finish my work.

"Oh my, you're too determine Madam," Jackson complimented me happily as he watches the papers decrease in burning fire with the touch of my quill. He refills my cup with the tea I value with the macaroons that he prepared as I took a bite and sweetness overload inside my mouth.

"That's because you serve me well, Jackson."

"Goodness, this old man feels honored."

I was enjoying to eat my snack in the middle of my duty when we heard a knock from the door. As permission, a maid entered modestly that I wasn't aware that she will bring me some bad news. If only the heavens would allow me to turn back the time before I could even commit a sin that I will regret later.

"Madam, I was instructed by Lady Crystal to let you know that she was ready for her class," she informed me.

Jackson glance at me worriedly. He must know that the true nature of that woman is no good as he simply shook his head, implying that I should not abide. I smiled to make his wrinkles that surround his eyes to be assured.