Chapter 12

I look back on all the destruction I've caused. Trees are laying on the ground, barely more than splinters, the ground is ripped up, rocks are now rubble, and there are monster sized footprints in the hardening mud.

I collapse on a fallen tree, exhausted from my most recent rampage. It's been about an hour since Sasuke turned on me and I haven't been able to calm myself down.

Based on what I know about Kakashi, he saw the disturbance and will come out with the others soon. I have to get out of here. I may not care about them anymore, but dealing with the bodies would be crap.

I begin to get up when I hear a few twigs snap. Crap. There's no time to flee. Gotta hide. I find a large rock that had remained mostly untouched and burrow under it as fast as I can.

"What the hell happened here?" Kakashi's voice rushes through my ears as he surveys the mess I made.

I happened. "Ayaka," Sasuke mutters. I press myself closer to the rock. Please don't see me. Please god, spare me the pain, for once in my life.

"What do you mean?" Kakahi asks. "Did you guys do something?" Silence. "You know she's unstable."

"I- I'm sorry Kakashi-sensei," Sakura whimpers.

I hear the familiar grunt of Sasuke Uchiha as he admits his mistake.

"What exactly did you two do to her?" Kakashi grumbles.

"I told her we aren't friends," Sasuke mutters. A tear runs down my cheek as I try to contain my sobs. Dammit.

I hear Kakashi mutter under his breath, "Idiot." His feet shuffle on the fallen leaves. "Alright Sakura, what did you do?"

"I didn't do anything!" She fumes. Liar! "I was just minding my own business when she went all crazy and hit me! After the she ran off! I swear, she's only going to hold us back! We shouldn't have to deal with her!"

Will I only hold them back? I am crazy. Why would they want someone like me on their team? I could hurt them, no, I could kill them. The thought of killing my teammates reaches the surface of my mind. Yes, that'll do fine. I'd get to have the pleasure of watching the people who have brought me the most pain recently dying in my arms. Perfect.

A wicked grin spreads across my face. There is no dark aura, no loss of control. I'm going to kill them. And I'm going to do it as me.