Chapter 28

We've been walking for an hour and haven't seen any sign of life. I wonder what scroll they have, but I don't ask. Blondie's been glaring dangers into my back ever since the fight. She's probably pissed that her boyfriend's paying more attention to me than her. Take that, bitch. We approach a large rock and I get an idea. Alright. Time to escape.

"I'm tired!" I moan, collapsing onto the rock. Gaara and his team stop moving to look at me.

"We need to keep going," he says emotionlessly.

"Why can't we stop for a while?" I whine, my voice growing higher in pitch by the second.

"Because we have to make it to the tower, idiot," Blondie snarls.

"I know that, dumb-dumb," I say annoyingly, "But we've got a while before we need to get there. So why not take a break?"

"Because," she begins to say. She stops talking when Gaara rolls his eyes and sits down next to me.

"Fine."

My eyes widen and a huge smile forms on my face. "Yay! Thank you, Gaara!" I squeal, pressing up against the sand ninja. I rest my head on his shoulder and snuggle closer to him. Blondie makes eye contact with me and frowns with disgust. I send her a smirk. Oh yeah, bitch. I'm taking your man.

Gaara leaves with Kankuro about half an hour later, claiming they need to scout out the area. They're lying, I know. They can feel the tension between me and Blondie.

"What the hell are you up to?" She demands.

"Nothing, just wanted to rest my legs."

"Oh really? Then what was with you and Gaara? What did you do to him?"

"Nothing, he just likes me more than you, I guess."

Her face grows red with anger. "Why would he like you? You don't even know him!"

"I know more about him than you think." I add a little giggle at the end of my sentence for effect. It seems to have worked.

"Wait, you and Gaara..."

"Did it?" Her face goes white. "Yep. He's amazing." She backs up. "Are you jealous, Blondie?" She freezes.

"Why the hell would I be jealous?"

"Because you're his girlfriend?"

"I'm not his girlfriend, I'm his sister, you little slut!" Whoa. I was not expecting that.

"I never would've thought that Gaara would be into that sort of thing..."

"He's not!"

"Then why are you so angry?"

"Because a little bitch slept with my brother!" Well then. Nice to know you care about your family.

"What would you say if I to you he may not have had an option in the matter?"

She explodes. She begins yelling at me, screaming her head off about how much of a harlot I am. Perfect.

"He doesn't love you! No one loves you!" That last sentence hits a nerve. My parents. They didn't love me, did they? They ran away from me. They left me.

Blondie continues to shout. She turns away and begins walking towards the forest where Gaara and Kankuro went, yelling about how I can be left to die. She turns around to say one final thing, and is greeted by a large shadowy figure, and a deep hollow voice.

"They won't love you either, when you're nothing but blood and bones."