Chapter 32

"Holy shit!" I scream when the pain washes over me, waking me from my sleep. "God dammit! This hurts like hell!"

"Ayaka?" Sakura says questioningly. Her face brightens when she see that I'm awake. She rushes to my side. "Do you need anything? Water? Medicine?"

"I need some freaking pain killer," I mutter after the pain settles in. I rub the back of my head, where the pain seems to be coming from.

"I don't have much left, but you can have it." She looks to the side and I follow her gaze. The boys are lying unconscious beside me. Sakura had been on her own. She had taken care of me and the boys, gotten us out of the open, and then taken care of us.

"Never mind. Save it for the boys." She looks at me confused. "I can deal with it, I just gotta take a walk."

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" She asks as I stumble to my feet.

"Yeah. I'll be fine. Just keep the boys safe for me, okay?" I smile at her. "I'm going to find a way to the tower. If I'm not back by the time they wake up, head towards the tower. I'll try and meet you there."

"You're not seriously going to leave me alone are you?" She asks quickly.

"Don't worry, I trust you. You'll be able to keep them safe, I know that you're at least that strong."

I hobble out from under the tree into the sunlight. We still need that heaven scroll, and it's obvious that none of them will be able to get one. So I guess that I'm in charge of that.

I sprint off into the forest, leaving my friends behind me. I run for a few hours, until I'm to tired to notice the pain. I then quickly climb a tree to get my bearings. Surprisingly, I'm not too far from the tower. If I just make it there, I can wait for the others and maybe get the scroll of a genin trying to enter. Alrighty then, this won't be too extremely hard.