Arb-(9.4)

Chapter 117
True or False Mermaid (Arc 9.4)

As soon as Reibar pushed open the door, he saw Jing Yang spitting out a mouthful of black and red blood. Just in the seconds he froze at the doorway, Jing Yang was already sprawled on the bed, continuously spitting out a stream of blood.

Reibar came back to his senses and immediately pressed the call bell along the wall, yelling, “Call the doctor over here, immediately! Right now!”

Reibar quickly walked to the bed and held Jing Yang in his arms. Looking at his pale face, he asked, “What’s wrong?!”

Jing Yang leaned against his chest and shook his head weakly. He hadn’t controlled his strength properly and went overboard. After spitting out so much blood, he felt that his body was empty and weak. How long would it take for him to make up for all that blood?

The doctor still hadn’t arrived but the guards and housekeeper rushed in. They thought that Reibar had been injured, completely forgetting how strong Reibar was. How could it be possible for him to easily get hurt in his own castle.

When they saw Reibar holding a weak Jing Yang and a large pool of blood on the ground by the bed, everyone was stunned.

“What are you frozen there for, why aren’t you quickly bringing the doctor over!” Reibar roared at the men outside the door.

“Yes, yes King, the doctor is already on his way.” The housekeeper responded.

By the time the doctor in the castle arrived in a hurry, Jing Yang had already fallen into a coma from vomiting up too much blood. Reibar helped him lie flat on the bed and let the doctor check his state. He himself kept standing by the bed, frowning tightly at the face of the man on the bed.

After the doctor finished examining Jing Yang, Reibar immediately asked, “How’s he doing now? Is it life-threatening?”

The doctor replied, “Looking at the color of the blood he spit out and his physical condition, he should be poisoned, but to find out the poison itself, I will still need to test some blood to know. It’s just that…”

“Just what?! Don’t keep waiting!” Reibar was already very anxious, and at this time he was still pausing and hiding things, he thought that this doctor was really tired of living.

The doctor immediately followed, “His body seems to be a little special. When I examined him, I found that his body was very different from that of the average person.”

“He’s an artificial mermaid.” Reibar said.

“Artificial mermaid?” The doctor looked at Jing Yang with some surprise and said, “Doesn’t look like it ah, impossible.”

After the doctor said that, he took out an instrument and examined Jing Yang again, and then said to Reibar with certainty, “His physique is very special, but he’s definitely not an artificial mermaid. Even though upon examination he doesn’t look like a natural mermaid, he has a uterus in his body, so the probability of him being a natural mermaid is still higher.”

Reibar had bought Jing Yang from the artificial mermaid auction house, but now the doctor told him that this man was a natural mermaid. Then why did he appear at the auction house? It was illegal to buy and sell natural mermaids, and natural mermaids enjoyed top treatment and benefits, so there would be no need to sell themselves.