(Arc-7.10)

Chapter 88
Supermodel Competition (Arc 7.10)

The next day of rehearsal, Regulus accompanied Jing Yang over, and before the rehearsal, the two sat together in the lounge to rest.

Jing Yang leaned in Regulus’s arms. Regulus held him from behind and taught him to play a game just released by his company.

When McDonnell knocked on the door and came in, he choked after seeing the two people’s posture.

Regulus glanced up at him and then bowed his head and continued to hold Jing Yang’s hand, teaching him to play the game. “You’re here, sit.”

McDonnell walked over to the couch across from them and sat down. “Boss, you’re looking for me?”

“This season’s new launch, I know that you’re not satisfied with this batch of models. Even though you still do have to use all of the people, you don’t have to restrain yourself. If there are places you are unhappy with, you can still vent it out, and criticize what you should criticize. But…” Regulus continued. “Aim your gun a bit, don’t hurt my people by mistake. Or else you may not be able to afford the consequences.”

Regulus looked up at him. “Do you understand?”

“I understand, Boss.” McDonnell responded very earnestly.

“Go then.” Regulus looked down and saw that Jing Yang had already passed the level, and kissed him on the cheek. “Really good.”

Jing Yang smiled with pride, but still used a disgruntled tone to say, “I’m not a kid anymore, I don’t need this kind of encouragement.”

When McDonnell walked out of the door, he saw the two of them playing together very intimately. After closing the door, he let out a long breath of relief. He was somewhat glad that he had not picked at Jing Yang yesterday, even though this was because he really had nothing to critique him on.

The reason why McDonnell dared to be so arrogant and unafraid of offending people was because he was very clear that as long as there was Regulus to support him, it didn’t matter who he offended. It’s just that he never thought that Arthur Yang and Regulus would actually be in that kind of relationship, really risky.

But since Regulus and Arthur Yang were lovers, couldn’t he just directly let him become the lifelong spokesperson for the Fernelea group, what was he still doing this kind of competition for? McDonnell remembered what Regulus just said to him and instantly understood. Arthur Yang had almost been completely destroyed by Dilumo, and suddenly making him the lifelong spokesperson for the Fernelea group would only cause even greater public outcry. All he needed was a chance to make a comeback and change his image. And Dilumo was also one of the contestants, according to Regulus’s protective personality, he would naturally not let him live well. So what Regulus had just said was to let him aim his gun better at some cannon fodder, and the direction of the target naturally referred to Dilumo.

~

The process of models walking the catwalk was very demanding on the details, including the models’ position and order of appearance, the time of entry and exit, the time to show the clothing, every step had to be right. So before the official catwalk, there were a lot of intense rehearsals.

McDonnell walked up to the models and said, “Today we will first go another time using the order and positions from yesterday’s rehearsal, and then I will pick one of you as the lead model. My eyes cannot tolerate the slightest flaw, so everyone please bring out your best state. If you think that it’s just a rehearsal so you deliberately slack off, please quit right now.”