(Arc-2.3)

Chapter 19
Unstable Chinese Republic (Arc 2.3) auroranovels.wordpress.com

Fairview Park released the news that on the evening of the 17th of the month, the first 60 people coming to watch opera would be able to enter free of charge, and would also receive complimentary tea, desserts, melon seeds, and fruit.

During this era the night life originally wasn’t that varied, ordinary people of the lowest status didn’t have much spare money to listen to opera. Those who did have the money naturally were more willing to choose the better troupes to support.

These three words “free of charge”, no matter in which era, would always have enormous appeal, plus refreshments and tea could also be complimentary. Besides those people who usually don’t have the spare money to listen to opera and thus came very early to get in line, there were also some whose families did have some spare money but who naturally liked taking advantage of these types of opportunities who also came to wait at the entrance.

These were all requirements that Jing Yang had proposed, all the expenses that the troupe incurred on the evening of the 17th, he would pay for. Wu troupe master was originally somewhat hesitant. Once they said it would be free of charge, the amount of people who came would definitely not be small, but the more people who came to listen to Cheng young master’s opera, their troupe’s reputation would suffer a greater injury.

Jing Yang repeatedly guaranteed to him, if this time he sang badly, he would definitely not sing a second time. Wu troupe master also bit his teeth and agreed.

For the time being Jing Yang didn’t want to let other people know he had come to sing opera, so Wu troupe master especially prepared a concealed room for him to change and do his makeup. In the entire Wu family troupe, besides Wu troupe leader, not a second person knew Jing Yang was going to come sing opera.

“I can come help you put on makeup.” Wu troupe master said.

“No need, it’ll be fine if I just put it on myself.” Jing Yang declined. “You can first go do your work, you can just come let me know when it gets closer to when I have to go on stage.”

Wu troupe master’s mood was extremely uneasy, but it had already gotten to this stage, so he could only listen to everything Jing Yang said.

After many years, Fairview Park finally had a full house, it was just that these people did not really come for the Wu family troupe. Wu troupe master didn’t know whether he should be happy or uncomfortable, after tonight, he was afraid it would be even harder to have so many people come again.

Jing Yang faced the mirror and started putting on his makeup. Today he was going to be singing The Drunken Beauty, this was one of Wei Tianxiong’s favorite operas. With the help of the system, he would be able to display this opera to the pinnacle, he didn’t believe that he wouldn’t be able to attract Wei Tianxiong.

After the warm up was over, Wu troupe master came over to invite Jing Yang. “Cheng young master, you’ll need to go on stage soon.”

“In the future Wu troupe master should address me as Jun shao ba, if other people heard you call me Cheng young master, that would expose my identity in advance.” The already made up Jing Yang stood up and turned around to look at Wu troupe master.

Wu troupe master froze when he saw Jing Yang, this kind of coquettish appearance could definitely be considered worthy of the phrase capable of causing the downfall of a country, he was afraid that even the realYang Guifei did not have such a stunning mien.

Wu troupe master had no way to associate this person in front of him with the gentle and elegant Cheng young master. He had sung so many years of opera, and seen so many years of other people’s opera, he had seen every famous singer’s opera, but this was the first time he had seen such an outstanding appearance.