(10) Pt. 2 Black Water

Deepest Despair

==================

=========

(10) Pt. 2 Black Water

====================

RECAP 

(10) Black Water

"Ava? Why are you not responding?" Jay's voice echoed off her mind.

She ignored it, then went back to marvel at the water. She put her whole hand to the bottom of the small stream and grabbed a small handful of pebbles. She pulled then up close to her eyes as if to inspect them with harsh judgement. She smiled to herself again and held a small pebble a short distance from the water. She let it fall from her fingers and plummet into the water with a satisfying, "Bloop."

She took all of the tiny pebbles into her fingertips and drizzled them into the stream. She sighed to herself and put her hand back into the water. A few small fish weaved through the spaces between her fingers. When one suddenly bit her, she sucked in a breath from surprise.

The fish had turned black and was now floating atop the water. A few other fish grazed her fingers lightly and they too turned black then began to float.

===================

(10) Pt. 2 Black Water

Ava stared at the dead fish, her face full of sadness. "I really do hope this is a dream... If it wasn't I'd never be able to shake hands... Or hug a friend... Or pet an animal..." she thought with extreme sorrow.

She made small circles against the current and smiled halfheartedly. Suddenly the movement slowed down and the water began to turn black. She pulled her hand out of the water, and stared at it horrified. The water had come to a complete stop now, the wind stopped blowing.

"Ava! Where are you?" the old man's voice questioned loudly a short distance away from her.

"Here." she spoke calmly staring at the black water.

She heard leaves crunching behind her, and then she heard the old man sit next to her.

"My real name is Eilian." old man informed her nonchalantly.

Ava tore her gaze away from the water to look at Eilian. He returned her gaze and smiled weakly. Ava stared at his short grey beard, his pale wrinkled face, and his deep grey lifeless eyes, and spoke, "Hi Lian."

"Another nick name?" Lian muttered with a small chuckle, but looked at Ava staring sadly into the still water, "You know, it gets easier. Living like this, with gifts that would seem amazing to an average human is pretty harsh for fate, but what you make of it can make it worth while. This isn't a dream Ava. As much as we want it to be it's not."

There was a silence after his words. The silence was welcoming, not awkward but a silence that wrapped around someone and comforted you. Ava's eyes burned slightly, she knew this wasn't a dream.

"How is any of this possible?" she maundered.

"Well, when a mom and a dad fall in love..." Liam began to explain but was hushed by Ava.

"Not that." she screamed disgusted.

"I know, just trying to lighten the mood." he replied with a light laugh.

"Why am I like this?" she whispered, her head falling into her hands

Liam put his hand over Ava's shoulder reassuringly, "I don't know, but the people in your head are probably our best guess."

"So they're real people? They said I was in there clan or whatever." Ava laid down on the ground and admired the canopy of leaves.

"A clan? All ready? What clan," Ava shrugged her shoulders and the old man sighed, "Did they mention they're individual names?"

"Jalen." was all she replied.

"Shit, what was your conversation about?"

"He just told me I look different, I was in his clan, and other lame stuff." Ava shrugged it off as nothing.

It was quiet between Liam and Ava for quite a generous amount of time. The two stared into the black abyss of a stream, with mirrored expressions of thought.

"Can you ask them the name of your clan? Act nonchalant." Lian wondered to Ava.

"Sure." was all she replied.

---

"Ava? Why are you not responding?" Jay asked, clearly irritated.

No response.

"She's not answering. Looks like were going to the human world." his voice oozed authority and confidence.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

~*~*

Well the storylines forming better now(: