(9) Where the Secrets Hide.

Deepest Despair

==================

Gabrielle York

==================

Dedicated to Giana York.

===================

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(9) where the secrets hide

"Mommy. Mommy wake up I'm scared." a little boys voice commanded shakily.

"Mommy is here. Come crawl in my lap baby." Rayla's voice sang to Reese.

"But I can't move mommy." the boy started to bawl.

Rayla's eyes were still closed and she was nearly sleeping, "Honey you just slept the wrong way. Your fine."

"Mom there's something around my legs, and my arms too! You gotta come help mom!" poor little Reese pleaded with his mother.

This got Rayla to wake with a jolt, "Baby I'm..." Rayla tried to jump up but realized she too was bound to where she was by things around her ankles and wrists. She wondered where she could be, but quickly erupted with anger at her stupidity. "Dammit! That useless no good freak!" she mentally screamed remembering Levi and her heated kiss. She knew he must have done this.

"Mommy..." the little boy whimpered.

Rayla thought fast and explaind to Reese, "Reese baby? We are playing a little game. Ok? We have to defeat the bad guy so I need you to be brave. Got it?"

Reese seemed suddenly enthralled by the situation, "Yes'm, we've never played this game before mommy!"

"I know! It will be such a great game darling!" she replied a tad bit too enthusiastically but Reese wouldn't notice.

"You are silly mommy." the boy giggled.

"Dear please try to go to sleep, so you can have as much energy as possible when the bad guy comes." she spoke knowing her words were more true than he would ever know.

Light snores came from Reese almost immediately. Rayla sighed happy that he fell asleep so quickly, but moaned in frustration at her situation. She moved her arms around behind her trying to wriggle free but the rope did not budge. She sighed and looked around. It was dark but she could make out that she was in a cell type of structure, Reese was about four feet away from her but still too far for Rayla's pleasure. The cell was small and smelled of fire and death, but it was moderately tolerable.

----

Levi placed Rayla down in the cell and chained her ankles, he then swiftly tied her arms up to her elbows with rope. "I'm sorry babe but you asked for this." he whispered to Rayla's unconscious body. He sighed, then picked up Reese and bound him as well but gave him a blanket.

He walked out of cell labeled H4-19746. He sighed to himself and then bolted the bars shut. He will see her shortly. He walked down the dingy hall and and listened to the moans of pain and starvation from each cell. He could hear his feet tap on the floor melodically as he continued walking. At the end of the hall there was a red elevator, the bars were slightly crooked and burnt and covered in dust. Well seeing as he never took the elevator he was a little curious as how there was blood in there. It splattered a few of the buttons, the floor and most of the left side. He quickly got in and pressed H1.

The raggedy elevator screeched to a halt and beeped signaling his floor. He quickly stepped off and made his way down a steaming, scalding pathway.

"The meeting has started Levi. You can't keep the council waiting. They will refuse to here us out. Get in here immediately!" Jay's powerful voice boomed.

Levi immediately picked up his pace. Only a few moments and he would reach the end of the black and blue hallway. Flames lit up the sides of the walls matching the blue walls as soon as he passed the middle. He smirked pleased, and burst through the walls where the council was waiting.

There were eight men and four women sitting along a sleek black table. Jay was standing at the head of the table along with the rest of the clan. Levi joined them and decided to apologize, "Hello everyone. I am pleased and quite grateful for all of you showing up here in our cozy home." A few people chuckled while others cracked smiles. "However I am running low on time and I'm sure you are as well. First and foremost we have gotten Ava," he began but was interrupted by a largely woman dressed in a cozy blue suit that was quite too tight for her fit.

"Has she been changed changed yet, Mr. Levi?" the woman asked putting extreme emphasis on been.

"Yes ma'am. She sure ha..." Levi spoke politely but was interrupted yet again by the same woman.

"What is her ability? Does she have one, because sir if not you are wasting our time." she spoke gingerly smiling sarcastically. A few murmurs of agreement followed and Levi began getting peeved.

"We do not know yet Ms...?" he trailed off not knowing her name.

"Olen." she responded cheekily.

"Ms. Olen, you see I will explain everything, please save your questions." Levi spoke back authority radiating from him. She rolled her eyes and shifted more comfortably in her seat.

"As I was saying we need to renew access to the other realms, all of them. Ava needs to learn about where she is, what she has become, and where we will be taking her. The only way to explain is to show her."

"Nicely put Levi you will be a great leader." Jay's voice boomed through the clans minds only. A few chorused agreements in his head. He smirked momentarily and put his poker face back on for the council.

"Please give us a moment to decide." Ms. Olen said staring straight into Levi.

He nodded and the clan left to go out in the hall. They closed the door and the flames ignited again as they sprawled across the hallway.

"Jay, can you tune into what they are saying?" Levi sent through his mind the whole clan of 15 looked to Jay apprehensively.

He nodded but said not a word. The clan immediately grew quiet and the door opened to reveal the council standing up with an important looking sheet of paper.

"We have made our decision." an old man wearing a black tuxedo with a fire red tie spoke.

The clan looked at the man anxiously.