(3)Bruised

DEEPEST DESPAIR

==========================

 Gabrielle York

==========================

Dedicated to Giana Resse York

==========================

BRUISED(3)

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Miss. Ava, your father is asking for you to see him in his studies." A muffled voice called through the door of Ava's room.

"Thank you, I will be there momentarily." Ava replied, she stayed seated on the edge of her bed until she heard the retreating footsteps. Ava sighed and walked into her bathroom, wiped away her smudged makeup then fixed the few stray hairs sticking from her almost tidy pony tail. With a final look into the mirror she nodded, then walked out of her room.

She was walking down the hallway from her room, her feet occasionally stepping on the bottom of her black sweat pants which were two sizes to big. "Here we go." She sighed while she made her way to the second floor.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Yes come in." Ava's father's voice spoke from the other side of the closed maple wood door.

She rested her hand on the door knob and led herself in. "What do you need dad?" She asked.

"I just wanted to tell you I will not be here in the morning because one of the stores has to be inspected. So I wanted to tell you your mother and I expect this school to do wondrous things for your awful behavior. You also, have a job set up for you. It is on campus, and it does pay you. We will not send you any spending money so you better hold onto your job." he spoke, with a tad trace of sadness perhaps covering up his mock sternness.

"A job? What kind of job do you expect me to do. I have never even washed my clothes how am I supposed to take on a job?! Also, why will you not be paying me? It isn't like you are poor father." Ava raised her voice, venom soaking each word.

Her father did not reply just simply pointed towards the door. Ava's jaw clenched, but she stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind her, rattling the portrait beside the door in the hallway. Ava took merely ten steps before her father bolted out of the door and grabbed Ava's arm.

He turned her around and screamed, "How dare you! You are a disgrace, you will regret disrespecting me like that!" Ava's eyes widened as her fathers hand balled into a fist and collided with her cheek. She would have fallen to the floor if it wasn't for her fathers hand grasping her arm still, and digging his fingernails into her skin. She screamed out in agony as her father slapped her across the cheek that wasn't all ready hit.

"I'm sorry father! Please stop!" Ava screamed through her sobs. Her fathers hands balled into fists again as Ava slid down the wall, crying.

"Pathetic!" He screamed and kicked her leg. "Freak!" He screamed, lowering himself to her level and punched her in the stomach then gazing intently as blood flew from her mouth. His face was inches from hers and he spoke, the scent of alcohol in his breath, "Your school life will be hell now." He kissed her forehead and raised from her level and jogged down the hallway

Ava's breathing was heavy and her tears were still falling mixing in with the blood dripping from her mouth. She sat there motionless for at least an hour. The blood on her arm and face began to dry and crust. While her tears stained her cheek and started to slow down.

A maid was humming a soft tune from a nursery rhyme and it was getting louder as she approached Ava. The hall way was dark so she couldn't tell who was in the hallway with her. "Ava! Oh my god! Ava! Are you okay? Ava!" A voice screamed running towards Ava. "Ava? Its Rayla, answer me.!"

Ava was calm now that her new friend could help her. Ava attempted to thank her, but she couldn't form the words. She figured a simple "thanks" would do but when she opened her mouth, blood spewed out. Rayla's eyes widened but her expression softened and she scooped up Ava in her arms and carried her upstairs.

Rayla lain Ava onto her bed and pulled back the canopy so she could sit next to her and clean her wounds with the first aid kit and a wash cloth. Ava watched as Rayla picked up the rag and pressed it against her arm, where her fathers fingers penetrated her skin. Instantly Ava winced silently, and squeezed her eyes shut. When Rayla finished she grabbed a piece of paper and a pen then handed it to Ava.

"Care to explain what happened?"

were the words Rayla scribbled onto the piece of paper.

"My father hit me. Several times. I slammed the door in his face. He has been drinking. Rayla you are the first friend I have ever had tell anyone and I will... you get the point."

Ava wrote back and waited for Rayla's facial response.

Rayla's face dropped and tears formed in her eyes. "Ava, I am so sorry." she spoke out loud.

"It is ok, but that's not all that happened." Ava began explaining to Rayla every detail of her and her fathers mishap. Rayla's once calm face was replace with a furious scowl highlighting her entire face with hatred.

"Ava, I am going to that school with you..."

Ava was confused at first, but did not have time to ask about it. Rayla was allready out of the door and scurrying to Mr. Amiece's sitting room.