(9) Pt. 2 Where the Secrets Hide.

Deepest Despair

==================

Gabrielle York

==================

Dedicated to Giana York.

===================

(10) Where the secrets hide. Pt. 2

====================

WARNING: there is use of moderately disturbing gore and the use of curse words.

Recap

Jay, can you tune into what they are saying?" Levi sent through his mind the whole clan of 15 looked to Jay apprehensively.

He nodded but said not a word. The clan immediately grew quiet and the door opened to reveal the council standing up with an important looking sheet of paper.

"We have made our decision." an old man wearing a black tuxedo with a fire red tie spoke.

The clan looked at the man anxiously.

=================

"We have renewed your access. However, only five of you may leave this realm at any given time. You have 10 human years of renewed access. There is no curfew." the large woman said staring at the papers and card in her hands. She raised her hand to her shoulder, twirled it and a pen appeared between her fingers. She scribbled on the papers then held the pen out to Jay signaling for him to sign the licesense of renewal. He scribbled his name on the papers and handed the pen back. She handed the papers to Jay and walked to the elevator at the end of the hall, the rest of the council following behind her.

The clan stood where they were silently for a moment. Levi looked at the men and women in the clan looking at the other members silently pleading for some one to break the silence.

"Hell yeah!" Jay screamed and started clapping obnoxiously. The clan started making useless noise of joy while slapping there hands on each others.

"Tonight we party!" Jay declared out loud. A final cheer chorussed through out the group. Every one started marching down the hall getting ready for the fun.

---

Ava was panting heavily, her body covered in a sheet of sweat from the dream. "Why do I keep having these dreams? They seem so real..." Ava spoke out loud.

"What are your dreams like?" the old man asked, truly seeming interested.

Ava was shocked that the old man was talking but decided she did not care, "Well they are like all dreams I suppose."

"I mean what are your dreams about?" he corrected sighing for no known reason.

"Well they seem like I am watching pieces of someone's life through there eyes. It seems so real, sometimes I even wake up with injuries that occurred in the dream. It is terrifying but beautiful." Ava explained seeming confused about it herself. Her legs and arms had lost all feeling and she was hungry.

"You must be a..." the old man began but abruptly silenced as he heard footsteps, "shhh."

Ava nodded with her blind fold still covering her eyes. She focused on the sound of the footsteps approaching her cell.

"Miss. Ava?" a burly man's voice spoke.

"Umm... Yes?" she responded suddenly nervous.

The sound of keys rattling entered Ava's ears. She heard the bars open then close. The man untied her blindfold. Ava blinked a few times while looking around, "Nice place you got here." She noted the dusty floors, the bloody chains around her ankles, and the old man tied up in the corner. She stared at him while the guard untied her arms. "I will come back for you old man." she whispered as the rope fell off. He looked up at her with pleading eyes and he smiled- genuinely smiled. Ava smiled back while she moved her arms in front of her to stretch. She glanced down at her forearms and questioned silently, "Why do I not have any imprints of the rope on my arm?"