1

Copyright © Shannon Maharaj

All rights reserved.

The right of Shannon Maharaj to be identified as the Author of the Work has been asserted by her in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of the publisher, nor be otherwise circulated in any form of binding or cover other than in which it is published and without a similar condition being imposed on the subsequent purchaser.

All characters in this publication are fictional and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.

The castle was in a major uproar as their beloved friend, Quinn Fletcher had just awoken from his coma about three (3) hours ago and was now accepting visitors.

Soleil wanted to go see his best friend but wanted to also bring a gift for the younger man and he knew just the right person to go ask for help, even though she jumped at the sound of his voice.

So here he was now watching the main contributor to his dreams bake and decorate her beautiful confections for his friend.

However, he soon found himself becoming quite bored sitting in solid silence and decided to ask the young woman some questions in hope of quenching his ever-growing curiosity to get to know her.

"Lia, what did you do before you became our best chef?"

Blushing at the nickname that he had insisted on giving her, she stuttered out, "I was an f-figure skater."

"Woah! That's so cool! Do you have any pictures?!"

"Ask Reece, he has a-almost, if not all s-saved."

"Okay, what's your favourite colour?"

"Purple, you?"

"Yellow, which I think is the opposite colour to purple on the colour wheel!"

Nodding, she smiled slightly at his excited behaviour, even though he could not see her face at all as her back was facing him while she was decorating the brownies. She had designed then as different flowers because she thought it would be cute.

"Soleil, w-what is your favourite dish?"

"Hmm, I would have to say pork belly buns/ steamed bao buns, how about you?"

"Those are yummy! I love braised pork belly in soy sauce!"

Before he could say something, she twirled around with the container of decorated brownies and smiled brightly, while showing them off to him.

He complimented her work and praised her talent, which caused her caramel skin to flush pink.

As she tried to hand them over to the Irishman, he crossed his arms and shook his head. This left Ophelia confused and she asked him why he did that.

He explained to her that he wanted Quinn to meet her officially and also that he liked her company.

After that explanation, Soleil asked the Hispanic woman if she would accompany him to meet his friend.

For a split second, she was going to say no, but then she saw an unknown emotion swirling within the depths of the grey orbs, so she agreed.

As uncomfortable as she was around people, especially men, the brunette was intrigued by the older man and why he seemed to want to always talk to her.