❄ Chapter 41 ❄

*Flashback*

Pitch tall grey figure made its way to its destination as a toothy grin appeared on his slender face. It looked like he floated as he looked around him. It was a long time ago, a very long time ago since he had been here.

A cloudy area surrounded him as he squinted his eyes a bit. He was here. The same entrance just like before, it still hadn't changed a single bit. A presence behind the foggy material was visible as Pitch straightened his back before entering the small clearing.

"You took your time coming here my friend." A deep voice could be heard as the said man turned around with an authentic clock in his hand. A ticking noise was evidently hearable to Pitch's irritation.

With one quick motion he closed the clockwork so that it was a circle shaped object again. He putted it in the inside of his overly decorated jacket as he ran a olive skinned finger across his perfectly shaped black mustache. His golden jewels jingled with every movement he made.

A cackling laugh escaped Pitch's lips as he putted his arms behind his back. He always does that when he wanted to make people fear him, that, or he wanted something.

"Only you would know." Pitch muttered as he rolled his dark eyes at the man before him. The neatly combed bushy eyebrows on the man's face were furrowed as he straightened his round shaped hat, that was placed on his long but slender shaped head. His perfectly gelled black hair was combed backwards. And his golden eyes twinkled with mischief, it really complemented his golden eyeliner on both of his eyelids.

"Whence do I own this presence? You decided to come back for the deal, huh?" The man grabbed two triangle shaped glasses that somehow appeared right beside him that were filled with dark red drinks.

"Drink this, it would loosen you up a bit. Good lord Pitch, you look older since the last time I saw you."

"Maybe because I am older." Pitch said almost boringly as he snatched the glass from the man's hand. He took a seat next to the man on a cloudy shaped chair. It even felt like a cloud.

"Tell me, still scaring people aye?" He almost looked scared to ask him, but he already knew the answer that he was getting.

"Guess you already heard by now. They don't believe in me anymore." Pitch groaned as he took one big sip from his glass. "Thanks to those moon sucking morons. I will get them. Even if it is the last thing I do on this godforsaken planet." He emptied the whole glass in one sip as he threw his glass backwards into the depths that surrounded this area of heavenly looking space.

"That explains it." A nervous laugh escaped the man's lips. "Guess only time will tell, my friend." The man lowered his eyebrows, he knew how Pitch was feeling at this moment. He knew exactly how he was feeling. People didn't believe in him anymore for ages.

"Tell me, Father Time. How about that deal again? When will my time come?" Pitch was almost desperate.

Last time when the dark spirit came here, he and Father Time almost made a deal. A deal that would make people believe in the clockmaker again. He knew vital information about Pitch future. Back then, in the dark ages, Pitch would spread fear everywhere he wanted to. Just living his perfect life. He brushed his companion off when the olive-skinned man told Pitch there was going to be a time when things weren't going his way anymore, not believing it. Not believing him.

That was one of the biggest mistakes he made in his whole life as an immortal being.

"You already had your time." Pitch eyes grew in size as his irises grew darker by the second.

"I had WHAT?"

Father Time didn't flinch one bit. "As you knew I almost know everything about time my dear Pitch. And now... it is not only your time. I've waited enough. It is our time." A mischievous glint appeared again in his golden eyes. Pitch calmed himself down again knowing were his companion was getting at.

"So, you mean- "

"I can look for you into time, yeah." Father Time stood up and again the jingling of his jewels almost boomed through the clearing. "But you know the deal. You get what you want, and I get what I want."

"Yeah-Yeah, you are going to be believed in again, I promise." Pitch made a movement with his hand to brush him off. He wanted the real business.

"Good." The olive-skinned man snapped his finger two times and a passage was made for both men as they entered another space, one that Pitch hasn't seen before. Everywhere you look, you would be greeted by all kinds of different shaped clocks. The ticking noise was something that Pitch couldn't get used to, but his friend didn't seem to mind anything.

He was murmuring something as he again ran a jeweled finger across his mustache, creating the perfect little curl on the end. "Ah!"

Father Time cupped both his hands around the hour work as a golden light appeared around his hands. His eyes were closed as Pitch squinted his eyes in order to block some of the light.

After a minute or so, the golden light disappeared just as it came, and the man looked at Pitch with some kind of a grin on his face, showing his pearly white teeth. Including the golden one on the right.

"I know what we have to do."

"Tell me, I don't have all the time of the world." Pitch rolled his eyes again, sometimes this man was really testing his patience. Well, according to him, everyone was getting on his nerves.

"Time flies when you're having fun, right?" A loud laugh escaped the man's lips as he was the only one laughing at his own made joke. Brushing a tear away, he continued seeing the uninterested face of Pitch Black before him.

"The thing what you have to do is steal sand from the sandman-"

Pitch looked rather confused, "What? That's everything? I don't believe that. That, is just too simple-"

"I wasn't finished, my friend." He crossed his arms as he looked Pitch straight in the eye. "You will defeat the guardians. Unless these two fights against you." A simple sketch of two teenagers was visible as a giggle escaped Pitch's lips.

"What? You think two teens will scare me off?" He looked rather offended as he again placed both his hands behind his back again.

"No, I don't. And that is just the problem. You are not believing me, again. These two together, they have such power among them. Please just don't make the same mistake again. You must take them down. Starting with the girl."

"When?" Was the only thing that mattered to Pitch.

"You know when the time comes."

*End Flashback*