❄ Chapter 17 ❄

North looked around him as he still was holding his broadswords. "He's gone." Bunny was contemplating with himself that Team N was right after all.

"Okay, alright, I admit it. You two were right about Pitch." Nixie looked at her rodent friend as she lifted an eyebrow. "I said so." She said in a tauntingly manner, trying to dodge all the questions that were probably coming about her invisibility and her 'past' with Jack, which Pitch was talking about. Her eyes still a bit puffy and her anger didn't decrease one bit.

She made her way to Tooth who was sitting on her knees beside the little lake.

You could hear North and Bunny discuss with each other as Jack made his way towards Nixie and Tooth. "I'm sorry about the fairies." He knelt beside her with his staff in his hands.

Tooth was an emotional wreck, her normal optimistic personality gone for a moment or three, or five. "You should've seen them. They put up such a fight."

Baby Tooth twittered at her while flying in the air.

Jack looked confused. "Why would Pitch take the teeth?"  Nixie that was sitting beside Tooth answered. "It's not the teeth he wanted, it's the memories inside them."

"Whaddo you mean?" Jack still didn't understand it as he raised his eyebrows. Nixie looked at Tooth, it was her job to further explain it.

"That's why we collect the teeth, Jack. They hold the most important memories of childhood."  Tooth flew towards a coloured mural on the rocks beside them. Nixie created vines beneath her feet to follow Tooth, Jack followed Tooth as well. Ice formed under his feet as he walked on the now frozen water towards the mural.

"My fairies and I watch over them. And when someone needs to remember what's important, we help them. Just like when Nixie didn't know her past after she became a guardian." Nixie nodded, reliving the memory in her head.

*Flashback*

"Are you Ready, Nix?" Tooth was ready as she had a tooth box in both of her hands. They were in Tooth's Palace that was located in Southeast Asia. On the side of the box was a tiny portret of a girl with dark blond hair and dark green eyes. A happy expression on her face, dimples forming on the cheeks.

"Are you sure that's me, Tooth?" Nixie smirked as she mocked Tooth, the teenager's arms were crossed. The fairy knows everything about the teeth.

"Can't believe that I looked like that before all of this." Nixie experimented the portret.  She also looked at her now platinum locks that hung loosely on her back.

Tooth chuckled.  "Believe me, this is a minor change." She pointed between her and the little portret. "You have to see Bunny before he changed." Tooth chuckled again as she whispered. Nixie smiled, her giant rodent friend was a fiery one. All bark, but no bite.

"I'm ready." Nixie inhaled and exhaled a deep breath before some memories started to flood back into her mind. She sat on a bench made out of some vines that was created by herself a couple moments prior.

*

A seven-year-old Nixie stood with both feet firmly on the ground as she was practicing shooting arrows with her dad's bow. Her mom was busy with her little sister who was three at the time. Her mom didn't approve that her oldest daughter was shooting a bow but, her father on the contrary enjoyed it. They lived in a tiny house that was surrounded with lavender plants. Nixie looked at her target before she heard her father's deep voice. "Your thumb, Nix!" "Oh. Got it!" Nixie yelled back. She aimed for the second time as she let the arrow flew in the target for the first time of her life. "DAD! Did you see that, did you see that?!" Her dad cheered as she picked her up.