❄ Chapter 11 ❄

Nixie felt Jack's anger as he slammed his staff down at the ground after breaking eye contact with the teenage boy. Creating ice on the ground, freezing the elves and the other performers in the process. Even a Yeti that was standing e few feet away looked in the door opening for the cause of the commotion, creating a confused sound. The music died.

North's book flew at his face from the impact and Nixie yelped as she fell backwards on the ground due to the energy that was coming off of Jack's action. Jack looked slightly guilty for her.

As Bunny helped her up, Nixie looked confused at Jack. For clarification, all the five guardians including the Yeti's and the elves where looking confused, some even offended for interrupting their ritual. But the one who was looking the most offended in the room was the teenage boy himself.

"What makes you think I wanna be a Guardian?" He spoke loudly in a serious manner.

As Nixie dusted off her dress, she looked at him. He was genuinely confused by these actions.

It was dead silence in the room before North began to laugh loudly in a nervous manner. The other four Guardians were looking awkwardly at him as he kept laughing, slamming his book closed. Bunny chuckled in a nervous manner, his mouth in a thin line on his furry face.

Tooth on the other hand had her mouth hanging open in confusing while Sandy looked desperately at North.

Nixie rolled her eyes, they we're obviously thinking that Jack was making a joke or something.

As North stopped with laughing, his serious expression reappeared on his face. "Of course you do! Music!" Nixie looked at her housemate in an uncomfortable manner as North ignored her glare, she wasn't really sure if Jack wanted to be a Guardian, or this whole shebang. North snaps his fingers and the elves started to make music again to only be cut off by Jack himself. "No Music!"

Nixie cringed as she looked at one elf who couldn't control his anger anymore, smacking his trumpet at his companion with the sousaphone before walking away offended.

"This is all very flattering, but, uh... You don't want me." This caused Nixie to lift both of her eyebrows. Why was Jack thinking about them this way? Jack stood at a platform while speaking.

"You're all hard work and deadlines. And I'm... snowballs and fun times. I'm not a guardian."  He sat down on the platform while continuing, leaning on his staff. Nixie shook her head at him while locking eyes.

Bunny was actually the one that was having the time of his life while chuckling. "Hah! That's exactly what I said!" North and Nixie looked angry at Bunny. Nixie elbowed him harshly in the ribs, Bunny moaned in pain as a result. Tooth has another plan of action as she flew towards him, kind of in his personal space as he backed away a little bit. A sudden feeling started to bubble up in Nixie, but she pushed it away.

"Jack, I don't think you understand what it is we do." She flew towards the globe. Nixie started to mix with the conversation.

"Each of those lights is a child- "She explained.

North finished her sentence. "A child who believes. And good or bad- "

"Naughty or Nice, we protect them." Nixie finished North's sentence as she winked at Jack at the mention of the word naughty as Jack was the record holder for causing mischief.

She crossed her arms.

Nixie cringed as she heard Jack mumbling something, she looked at his direction to see that Tooth was again exploring his teeth with her eyes and hands.

"Tooth, fingers out of mouth." North demanded. Jack looked a bit embarrassed as Tooth apologized. "Oh, sorry! Heh, they're beautiful!"

As the four guardians started to walk away to the front, Jack made his way over to Nixie who was standing a few feet away from the others. Jack chuckled nervously as he putted his hand in his neck while holding his staff in his other one. "Uh, I'm sorry for that earlier... It wasn't my intention to knock you over." His blue eyes exploring her features on her face.