❄ Chapter 8 ❄

Jamie's drawing about his sleigh adventure hung proudly on his wall as he told his mom the story about the exiting events that happened.  "And it was awesome! Then, I was flying down and this hill! And it was like whoosh whoosh whoosh - cars! – and then the sled hit this- this thing and it was like way up in the air and then bam! The sofa hit me- "

They were back home, it was late in the evening. Jamie was telling his story with large hand gestures as he had a self-made space toy in his hand. His little sister Sophie was sitting on her brothers' bed with big interested eyes as she listened to the story. "Wow..."

"And- and see? My tooth came out!" Jamie putted his finger in his mouth, putting his lip down a little in order to show the empty spot in his teeth. Sophie giggled at her brother. Her blond hair a mess on her head.

"Alright you, tooth under your pillow?" Their mom said.

Jamie nodded as he clicks on a flashlight. "Yeah. I'm ready."

"Now don't stay up late trying to see her, Jamie, or she won't come." His mom warned him, but Jamie had other plans then to go sleeping. "But I can do it this time! You wanna help me, Soph?" Sophie looked really excited, of course she wanted to see the tooth fairy as well as every other kid.

"We can hide and see the Tooth Fairy!" Sophie giggled as she repeated the same words over and over again. "Hide hide hide hide hide!"

"Uh Uh! Straight to bed now." Jamie's mom ordered. "Mom..." The boy groans as he really wanted to stay up late to see the legend. His mom picked up Sophie and started to cuddle with her. Sophie coos in her mom's arms. They both left Jamie's room as they made themselves ready for a good night of sleep.

As the scene played before his eyes, Jack hung upside down looking through the window. He looked sad as he missed the warm feeling of people around him. Frost started to spread on the window before him as he gets up and walked around the roof.

While he was pacing around, muttering in himself, he looked up at the Moon. His staff in his right hand.

"If there is something I'm doing wrong, could you just tell me what it is? Because I've tried... everything! And... no one ever sees me! ... You put me here! The least you can so is tell me- tell me why..."

Nixie was watching him from the shadows. Sitting on one of the branches of the big trees that where surrounding Jamie's house. Sandy's plan didn't work. After the snowball fight she had with Jack and the children, she returned to the Pole without him. As a result, you get a very excited Bunny and a disappointed Tooth.

*flashback*

Nixie returned to the pole without the companion everybody was hoping for. All the other four guardians were waiting for her in the Pole. Tooth looked very excited in the first place, finally being able to meet the ice creator with the amazing set of teeth when she saw her friend walking into the room.

As Nixie entered the space with the Globe in it, Tooth's face fell into one of genuine disappointment. "Nix?'' She tried to ask with furrowed eyebrows. The tooth fairies made a disappointed sound too.

Nixie left her shoulders hang. Her cheeks reddened again in embarrassment. She had one job and even that went wrong.

"I'm sorry, but it didn't work out as the way you guys wanted it to be..." Sandy too looked sad.

In contrast to Sandy and Tooth, North and especially Bunny where grinning from ear to ear. He finally could get his revenge on the male teenager.

"Nice work Tooth, your 'less aggressive' approach tactics are working excellent!" Bunny and North both laughed as Bunny elbowed him. The other three guardians weren't in the mood for Bunny's jokes.

"So, ladies... and Sandy." Bunny began announcing. Nixie, Tooth and Sandy looked at the other two guardians. "Tonight, we are gonna kidnap Frost!" Bunny grinned evilly. Nixie looked at him with an angry expression. Bunny didn't know how sad Jack was, but there was nothing that she could do. It wasn't her mission anymore.

"I'm gonna call Yeti's'' North added excitedly as he walked away to his furry companions, discussing about change of plans tonight.

Sandy shook his head as he left outside. He would return before Jack was at the Pole, but he had some duties to do. Bring children nice and sweet dreams with his golden dream sand.

Nixie needed some fresh air as she walked away too, grabbing her bow and arrows. "Nix? Where are you going?" Tooth asked her with a confused expression on her face. "Out." Nixie replied shortly. She needed to check on Jack before he was going to be thrown in a sack.

She went outside to visit Jamie's house. Her feeling said that he would be there somewhere around and about.

*End flashback*

The feeling of guilt overtook her as she saw Jack so broken. She sighed as she ran a hand through her long hair. Her bangs coming into her eyes so now and then.

After getting no response out of the moon, Jack left. He walked on a telephone line, creating ice on it as he walked further on the communication device.

As Sandy's sand started to creep through the sky, Jack smiled. "Hah. Right on time, Sandman."

He putted his hand through the sand which transformed into a dolphin. It made a circle around his tall frame.

Nixie smiled at the scene before her as the sand came to her too. She also touched the sand with her left hand. Her bow dangling on her body, her arrows on her back as she still sat on the branch.

The sand transformed into butterflies that were flying around her. The platinum haired teenager chuckled as her attention got back to Jack, only to find out that he was gone, no longer on the telephone line.

Her eyebrows furrowed. Her instinct told her that Bunny had something to do with this.

She shook her head a little as she chuckled at the thought of her fluffy friend. She loved Bunny but sometimes he acted ignorant like a child.

Nixie stood up and created a vine, she swung towards home.

❄❄❄

Sandy's sand came almost at every child's room, creating wonderful dreams. Including the room of Cupcake, who was dreaming about herself riding a unicorn.

In the corner of the room, hidden in the darkness could an eerie voice be heard. It was Pitch Black, better known as the Boogey man. One of the worst enemies of the guardians.

His sinister laughter could be heard throughout the room.

"Oh, I thought I heard the clippety-clop of a unicorn!  What an adorable dream! And look at her- oh! Precious child... so sweet, so full of hope and wonder. Why, there's only one thing missing: a touch of Fear!"

He danced his first two fingers in the air as if they would walk. He touched the unicorn that was made of the golden sand of Sandy. It turned from its beautiful golden color to a dark black. Cupcake began to moan as her dream was ripped apart, turning into a nightmare.

Pitch chuckled at the fear of the child before him. "That never gets old. Feed your fear, come on." The unicorn transformed into the form of a dark horse, a nightmare.

"Come on, that's right. Yes... What a pretty little Nightmare!"

The dark creature neighed angrily as it galloped around Pitch's neck. Pitch grabbed the nightmare as he holds it before his face.

"Now... I want you to go tell the others: the wait is over!"

The nightmare whinnies before it galloped off into the sky. Several dogs began to bark as they could feel that something was wrong.

The Boogey Man stared up at the moon when he was outside.

"Don't look at me like that old friend. You must have known this day would come. My Nightmares are finally ready – are your Guardians?"