❄ Chapter 46 ❄

At the same time at the North Pole, a Yeti placed the last handmade red robot toy onto the platform with all the others when the workshop started to shake heavily. A gibberish sound escaped the Yetis mouth as the shaking continued.

Only after a second or two, the shaking stopped much to the Yeti's relief as a huge breath came out of his mouth.

Then the shaking began again, the yeti tried to grad the toys that started to fall off the platform when a black sandstorm made a huge mess in the workshop. Toys flew around in the air along with other objects.

The black sand rotated around the globe that was located in the center of the workshop when an evil cackling echoed through the place. The sand weaved itself up to the very top to reveal Pitch himself. A huge grin was plastered on his grey long face and his eyes twinkled with ultimate happiness. This day couldn't be any better, Jack and Nixie were out of the race, so they weren't a threat anymore. This was his time. Just like Father Time said so.

It was showtime.

"You're all free to go! We won't be needing any Christmas toys this year, thank you!" He charismatically tiptoed on the top of the globe, looking at the yeti's who all gathered in the center of the workshop to look what was going on. Pitch bowed, he bowed as if he just finished one of the best shows ever. He looked up again, his eyes locked on the elves and the yeti's.

"Nor ever again."

The same yeti's that just saved his red robot toys, let out a groan of frustration and disappointment.

"Only six children left – six precious children who still believe in the Guardians with all their hearts."

A couple of steps to the right, Pitch placed his foot onto on the last golden lights.

"Make that five!"

A chuckle escaped his lips as he counted down in a singing voice. Putting all of the lights out with his feet. "Four, three, two!"

He snapped his finger, he could almost taste the sweet taste of victory, only to realize that the last golden light did not went off.

Confusion was evident on his face when his eyes almost went twice the normal size. Pitch snapped again his fingers twice without success.

A pure feeling of rage rushed through his veins, both of his fists balled up hanging on both sides besides his long and tall body, his nails digging into his skin.

Hissing through his teeth; "One."

Nixie and Jack were both watching the globe, they were still in the lair. Hope washed away as all the lights were going out.

A tear slipped out of Nixie's eye, this was the end. This was the end, even though a new beginning had started for the two of them. It wasn't destined for them to be long together.

"Jamie!" Jack suddenly said, a wide smile on his face. His pearl white teeth visible as he locked eyes with Nixie. He was crouching down onto the globe, his staff in his right hand and Baby Tooth floating above him.

"What?" Her eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. When she came closer to the globe, one golden light was shining as bright as ever. Her lips parted as hope filled her once again. Maybe there was a small chance that they were going to make it after all. It was the light of Jamie Bennett.

"Looks like you and I are going on a trip." Jack joked.

A huge grin appeared on Nixie's face, creating the dimples on her face.

"Let's go."

Jamie was sitting on his bed, it was nighttime as the sky was already pitch black. His windows slightly open causing a cold wind to slightly breeze through the room. The brown-haired boy sat crossed legged on his bed with his stuffed animal in the shape of a rabbit before him.