That ponytailed asshole leaned over, closer than it was necessary. I punched my fist on the glass wall. Zara first listened to him carefully then begin to shake her head vehemently. He jutted his chin toward the dance floor, when Zara followed his trail of sight he dropped something in her drink.

"Pezzo di merda.! That's it." I whirled around and grabbed another glock from the table. Lorenzo gave me a crooked grin. Of course, he knew Zara is here. I jog down the flights of stairs, stopping the soldiers to not follow after me and check on Matteo before he overdoses. When I reach the ground floor the scene in front of me made me gasp. Fuck.

I iron the jacket Gian had left in my house, again

I iron the jacket Gian had left in my house, again. There isn't a single crease left in it. When he was leaving I purposely didn't remind him about the jacket, he had draped over the armrest of my couch. I had needed a reason for us to see each other again. Who knew he had planned to ask me on a date.

My shoulder sagged in defeat. Once again my penchant to do the right thing stepped in the way of my happiness. I was ready to say yes but then he gives me an option to think. I hadn't needed time to think. I was ready. Maybe God was punishing me for hoodwinking him as I had conspired to take his jacket hostage.

"Or maybe because I am an idiot." I speak louder to my reflection in the mirror, getting ready for school. Putting an effort into my appearance with the hope to see Gian again. I have a lot of hair in my head, have thick eyebrows people watch tutorials to get them, and long eyelashes. But that means the hairs are everywhere else as well. I can never make a ponytail over my head without feeling the weight like someone is tugging it down. I throw the hairbrush on the white dresser with three-fold mirrors, and strings of golden fairy lights curtain over it. I turn it off and then placed the hairbrush back on its holder.

If I don't count the time I had spent thinking of Gian like a dumb tart, things were going smoothly. Maximus had agreed to increase the budget for our Christmas show. He is trying to be a good principal and I appreciate it. But none of the other teachers seem to appreciate him. I am certain I had heard one of them call him male Zara, under their breath.

I had seen some pictures of his parent's anniversary celebrations, so I thought that must be keeping him busy. But after a whole week of radio silence from Gian. I purposely stirred the topic to know about Gian's whereabouts. But Maximus made a choking sound from the back of his throat, turning green. I never brought up Gian's name again.

Punching in the new alarm code on my house, I leave for school. During lunch break when I heard footsteps I sat up straighter thinking it was Gian.

I huff in annoyance upon seeing Helen. She clutched her chest feigning hurt. "I am offended, Zara." She glowered but I don't answer her as she took a chair in front of me.

"You know you can eat with us.." She said carefully. I shot her an angry look.

"No, thank you. I like my company." I say sternly.