Her father pulled her forward. "Why are you so damn useless! SPEAK!" He demanded.

She still couldn't manage to utter even a single word.

"You were back talking not that long ago, damn it! Just answer them!"

She didn't answer in time, and her father punched her square in the eye.

"You are useless!" He yelled, shoving her backward. She fell on the floor, and her father approached her quickly.

"You are nothing!" He kicked her in the stomach.

"You are unloved!" He screamed as he grabbed her by her hair and forced her to her feet.

"We only cared for you because you were worth something, now, you're worthless." He released her hair, and she fell right back to the floor.

Her vision was blurry as tears made their way from her eyes.

"You are a failure, and I'll make sure you remember that forever!" He grabbed her by the back of the neck and slammed her face into the floor, giving her a bloody nose.

He tore the back of her school uniform open and pulled out his dagger.

He touched the blade to the skin on the back of her left shoulder. He pressed down, cutting a line downward. Boscha screamed out in pain.

"Be quiet!" He screamed, punching her in the side.

He moved the blade and cut at the top of the first one and another in the middle, slightly shorter than the second. Boscha had to force herself not to scream out in pain. Blood seeping to the surface.

"F"

He moved the blade over and made another three cuts.

"A"

"Please stop...." Boscha cried inside, not wanting to get hurt more than she already was.

He made another three cuts, deeper than the previous six.

"I"

He made two more cuts in her back. This one went across her spine.

"L"

The pain was unbearable; Boscha felt she might pass out.

The next one had no lines. He curved the blade and cut the next letter into her skin.

"U"

"I don't want anymore. I want to leave! Let me go!" He continued, unable to hear her silent pleas.

He carved the next letter without picking the blade up.

"R"

He began the last letter, cutting deeper than he had with the last six of them, causing more blood to seep to the surface.

"E"

Her father sat back, looking at his work. Across Boscha's back, in all capital letters, A permanent reminder of what she was. The word she would always be in her parents' eyes.

Her father stood. "Now, you failure, get to your room, and clean up the mess you made." He commanded.

Boscha stood from her place on the floor. Her shoulders and back hurt like hell, and at that very moment, she wanted to die.

She wanted the pain to disappear. She wanted her actions of the past few years to have never happened. She wished at that moment that she had never existed.

She walked up the stairs to her room. Once inside, she looked into her broken mirror. She had a black eye, and anyone could tell she had been crying.

She looked around at her messy room. She began picking up her trophies and placing them back on their shelves.

Once she finished with the trophies, she moved to the medals, then the pictures. However, She didn't hang the pictures back up. She slid them underneath her bed to be forgotten about.

The last thing she did was pick up the glass. She used her magic and picked up the broken shards. She could've fixed the mirror, but she decided to throw the shards away.

Once she finished cleaning, she grabbed her sleepwear and head into the bathroom. She gently cleaned her wounds. After her shower, she looked into her bathroom mirror at the word carved into her back.

The wound would never properly heal without medical care, which she knew her parents would not be providing her

Knowing she still had school tomorrow, Boscha left the bathroom and picked up her ruined uniform. She used magic to fix the rips and tears, something she wished she could do with the word on her back. She knew a few people that could fix the injury, but none of them would care if she died right now. All of Hexside would probably throw a party.

Boscha crawled into bed. She wasn't able to fall asleep, so she sat there and cried.

She wished she had someone right now, anyone. She wanted to cling to someone as she cried into their shoulder, and they told her everything would be okay.

Unfortunately, she was alone, something she would have to get used to.

Once her tears had subsided, she just sat there, staring out the window. She pulled her knees up to her chest and thought about her past actions. She remembered each time she had failed, each time her parents beat her, and each time she bullied those that had what she desperately wanted. No, not wanted, what she needed.

"It's not too late, right?" She whispered to herself. "I can still gain forgiveness." She forced a smile to her lips that quickly fell. "Who am I kidding." She sighed sadly as she waited for tomorrow to arrive.
--_-_--_-_--
I hope you all enj- Maybe I shouldn't use that word after such a chapter.... You know what, have a wonderful day you guys and know you are loved and wanted in this world. 

Words- 1418 
Published- 9/27/20