His men were everywhere on his premises.

So what was it?

It couldn't be for the soul purpose of sex. He wouldn't lack in that department. She wasn't immune to how strikingly male Marcelo was. Her feminine parts and mind attested to that.

The silence stretched and she lifted her gaze and held her breath for a few seconds before she resumed to breath.

His focused gaze caught her off guard. The danger lurked around him, and it didn't help that it added to his attractive demeanor.

Their eyes locked and she looked away first.

She was no match.

He chuckled knowingly.

"Is it a ballet thing? having upright posture most of the time."

She faced him with a frown, took in his words and discovered for herself how straight and upright she held her back and shoulders. Partly because her wound hurt otherwise and she wasn't accustomed to slouching.

What was it to him. He was the cause of her pain. He'd given her painkillers so the pain wasn't an evident factor as such but she wasn't numb to the open area.

"Why did you bring me here Marcelo?"

Her heart tightened. Memory of recent past events played in her mind and she fought the tears that threatened to spill.

The now ever present weight. Loss, grief , condemnation. A huge part her fault.
Had they already told Samuel's parents and family about their beloved's death?

Were they looking for her?

Gabriella...

What was she doing at the moment? Passing her fingers thought her hair repeatedly worried about her? Blaming herself?

If roles were reversed she knew the blame game would be on an all time high and she'd be doing all she could in her power to her best friend back.

Did Dante know? Or was his phone still switched off.

"Where's Dante?"

He observed her for a while in silence and she didn't relent. She wanted to know.

"You think he'll somehow save you? Talk me into letting you go?"

Her heart slowed as he spoke .

" No .. It doesn't work like that amor. I thought you'd know."

Know what.

"I had my eye on you the moment you crossed the living room jamming to music as you jumped over my feet to get a packet of dates."

Geneva traced back to that day.

She had been jamming to one of Sam Smith's recent when she spotted a package of dates on the table and headed for it.

Dante hadn't been in the room and she didn't give mind to the legs she had jumped over to get them despite the enticing male cologne she had caught whiff of.

Thought it was one of Gabriella's friends she didn't know and decided to look and see who it was that had smelled so good.

That's when she meet his eyes that were already on her. Dante had cut the trance with his silhouette and later warned her about who he was.

Marcelo Rodriguez.

" Dante's a smart kid. I'm sure he warned you to stay away. Is that why you kept your distance?"

He leaned forward.

Her words stack as she stared.

"He noticed my want for you. There's nothing he can do. Don't dream."