My eyes, my hair and almost all my physical features are like him. The only reason he doesn't put a bullet in my skull. Alesandro Armani loves himself and I am his only heir. Bastards have no place in the famiglia and killing my mother to marry another was not an option for him. He will be dethroned in the brink if anything happens to my mother.

I was 12 when I realized the reason behind my mum's deteriorated health. Remo had hacked into the hospital and got his hands into my mother's medical records. She had been on death's door when she gave birth to me and had four miscarriages after me. I had threatened the doctors to sterilize my mother. When my father found out the same evening, he put his gun on my temple. I had threatened him to release the videos Remo had of my father fucking whores. It was a bluff. Father might have had lost the respect and ultimately his life, the risk of knowing what would happen if the videos were released was not something my father needed. He still beat me like a dog and I happily took the blow.

I walked towards him and bowed my head. "Happy anniversary, papa."

I kiss his knuckles, and my father's chest puffed in arrogance, seeing me bow to him. I peered at him like he was my god. A show I have to put for others. One day, I'll pull the floor from beneath him. I excused myself after rubbing elbows with the rich bastards.

Lorenzo was sitting at the bar sipping on the most expensive wine we had. All alone, no one to stop him. Emiliano and Soto were not in the high ranked position to be invited here.

"Since when did you become a wine person.?" I ask him, ordering a scotch for me. Vincent was the flairman today. He was nicknamed tossico, he runs pubs under Cosa Nostra's security. He is called when our enemy has to die of alcohol poisoning. Famiglia helped him with his medical studies. He is paying his respect by coming here in person. He gave me a nod in acknowledgement before handing me my drink.

"It was the costliest shit on the bar." His voice was slightly slurred. I smoldered with resentment and angled my body in a direction where others couldn't see the fury on my face. Tossico made a distance from us, serving others.

"What the fuck! Are you are you drunk?" I growl through gritted teeth. He gave me a serene smile, I couldn't fathom. My anger at him for being careless by getting drunk like this vanished.

I gripped his shoulder. His sad, daze filled eyes found me. He had behaved awkwardly when I met him this afternoon after he had called me several times when I was in Zara's home. He said nothing and shrugged it off, saying that he was messing with me, as he knew I was with Zara. I opened my mouth to ask him but his eyes narrowed on someone behind my back. "Look, your future wife is coming." He mocked.

I leave him with a hard shove. Turning around, I gave a hard look to Isabella Russo. Her face was heavily caked with makeup, she parted her red painted lips to purr something sultry, but I was not in the mood.

"If you want to have your ass fucked by my blade, you know where to find me after the party." I say darkly, making sure she understands every word of mine.

She blanched back, wobbling in her steps. Her feet tangling in the floor-sweeping dress. Her fuck me heels were nowhere close to the elegance the way Zara wears them. I turned around to continue my lecture with Lorenzo, but that bastard was already smirking at me.

"About Zara.." he began. I step closer to him, pushing my gun on his leg from under my jacket's pocket.

"I'll fucking kill you..." I snarl at him. He whistled slowly, his eyes traveling over me.

"I was just fucking with you, Gian. Soto is outside her house. She is asleep, dreaming about you." His hands reached for another glass, but I held his wrist in a tight grip.

"Not a word." I grumble. He cleared his throat, his expression sobered. Then gave me a curt nod.

"Soto has to leave tomorrow. I will be the one watching over her. I just wanted to know if I am losing my beauty sleep over the right girl." He said haughtily, not admitting he has been fishing for details.

"I don't know how she'll fit in the larger picture. But I don't want her to get into the crossfire." Our enemies can use her to get to me. My skin felt like a thousand snakes had crawled over me. I loosen my tie, suddenly feeling uncomfortable in my own fucking skin.

What the fuck was I thinking before asking her out on a date. She is pure. Too innocent for the normal world, let alone this world of organized crime. The society girls here will chew her up and spit out. She does not deserve to be anywhere near the criminals like us, like me.

I turn to look at Isabella. Her horny eyes fleeting over the sea of willing men, anybody who will be ready to face Russo's fury later after taking her against the bathroom stall. That's my life, that's the kind of woman I have to end up marrying. Who will be raising my child. Because she is Italian and her father can bring only profit. Make my family more powerful than we already are. So what if she ends up with fucking all the soldiers in the house when I am not home. I can beat her into submission, and no man will interfere in my marriage. My nose scrunched in disgust, thinking of the life I would have to live in near future.

Lorenzo's hand clasping on my shoulder brought me back to the bitter reality. "Don't go there, Gian." I shrug my shoulder as his hand dropped lazily to his lap.

"She is innocent and she will be safe, even if you don't want to pursue her anymore." He said sincerely, squeezing the lemon inside his mouth, winking at Isabella. I turn around to see her licking her lips, following Lorenzo to a corner.

I go out through the french windows looking at the moon like a pussy. On my left has a beautiful garden, the enormous version of Zara's small garden. My mamma had built it from scratch, while my father was out killing our enemies and fucking whores. It was showered with my mamma's tears, sorrow of loneliness. I used to follow her like a lost puppy with my tiny legs, until I couldn't. Since all my time was divided between school and practice to become a monster like my father. I can only dream of showing this hollow house to Zara. I bet she would spend most of her time in the garden if she ever had the chance.

On my right stood the criminals in their custom made tailored suit, with their silent partners in crime covered in shiny cocktail dresses. I let out a humorless laugh, turning my back to them. I can have everything I want. Even Zara, but as a mistress. Her being labeled as a fuck thing surged fury in my veins.

I close my eyes, remembering the feel of her unblemished skin against my lips. That's all I can have of her. That's all I'll allow myself of her. I won't let myself drag her into this darkness. Adjusting my tie, I saunter inside the house with a dark smile plastered on my face. If I can't stay happy, I'll make sure those responsible for fucking me over don't stay in peace either.

 If I can't stay happy, I'll make sure those responsible for fucking me over don't stay in peace either

*****

Hey, honey!!! It will be really helpful to me if you share the story link on your Conversation Board or social media. And thank you for reading. Please don't forget to VOTE ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐for the chapter and leave your COMMENTS below.

I would love it if you check out my other stories, 'Aurora's Aura' 'Married To Become Mr. & Mrs. Billionaire' 'becoming Romeo' & ''his Captive'. The story link is on my profile