✰//11

Saying goodbye to Merry was heartbreaking

Saying goodbye to Merry was heartbreaking. The sobs of the strawhats rung out, as their ship, their nakama gave them a sorrowful goodbye. With their final words,

"Dōmo arigatou

I was always happy..! All because of you!"

The ship that was set aflame by the captain, laid to rest at the bottom of the ocean. A nakama that would forever live on in theirs hearts.

------キリトリセン------

With the help of Iceburg-san and the others who had arrived shortly before Merry was laid to rest, the strawhats and other arrived back on water 7. Recuperating, throwing the biggest party yet and bankrupting themselves, the strawhats were gathered in a room at the Galley-la company. Minus Usopp, who still refused to make up with his crew.

The young captain sat at the dining table sleeping away, whilst stuffing his maw with food. Our protagonist sat on the opposite side of the table, looking on at the young man in slight amusement. Luffy amazed her. The archeologist who sat next to the young woman suddenly spoke out,

"Are you going to tell us who you are now?"

Gazing at the side of our protagonist's profile, she uttered the question that everyone's been wanting to know the answer too. The air became heavy. Everyone froze, stiff with anticipation. Not even sparing the older woman a glance, keeping her eyes on the sleeping male before her she replied, "Luffy knows who I am, ask him."

Sighs escaped the crews lips, as they realised they weren't going to get any straight answers from [name]. Suddenly the young captain was thrown across the room, writhing in pain. The wall that once stood behind him was left with a gaping hole, as a shadowed figure stood amongst the ruble and dust, "Wake up!"

"AHh! It hurts! It hurts!"

"What do you mean it hurts? Your made of rubber and that was just a punch!", the blonde cook called out, confused at the young captain's exclaim.

"There's no means to ward off a fist of love.", the figure uttered as the dust cleared. Now visible to the strawhats and others a Marine officer stood before them, removing a dog like mask from ontop his head. Looking up at the larger man before him the young captain had a moment of realization as he recognized the marine.

"Granpa!"

[393]