CHAPTER 49

FAITH POV:

It was like a scene from a western, with every man watching the next man's moves. You could hear nothing but silence, as everyone held their breaths, guns at the ready...

My heart was in my throat when I realised what AJ was holding in his hands...how on earth did he get a hold of that?! i thought, looking back and forth between him and Roman...and more confusingly, why on earth is he accusing Seth?! I slowly looked up at Seth's face, and it was like staring into the barrel of a gun...he knew he held all the aces, and he was ready to fire at any given moment.

ROMAN POV:

I couldn't look in Seth's eyes, I knew he knew I was behind this. I also knew that Seth had a way of worming himself out of difficult situations, not that I thought AJ would ever believe him if he told him they were really mine, and as if it were being played in reverse...I knew that if Seth went down for this...he was taking me right down with him! I just couldn't believe that all this time, after all the effort, the being cautions, the sneaking around, the lies and the worrying I'd done in the last 6 years trying to keep my secret just that...a secret, my worst enemy now held my entire future in his hands!

I waited with bated breath...

SETH POV:

I could see the fear in Romans eyes, and the panic on Faith's face as they both looked at me in anticipation, waiting to see how I would handle this next move...

Well well well...look what it's come down to. I glanced at Roman again...I'm proud of you buddy, all that hating on me and yet you managed to actually learn a thing or two. I'm impressed.

I looked down at AJ now my god he looks even shorter than before...then I looked over at Faith...my beautiful innocent Faith, whom I loved so much with all my heart...and who could never love me back. It was at that moment that knew what I had to do...

You got me'' I simply said.

I heard Faith gasp in shock! And I could see Roman out the corner of my eye, place his hand over his mouth in shock too!

''Hell yeah I did, you sick freak!'' AJ waffled on ''I always knew there was sumthin' off about you boy, now I know why! Just how many of these personality things you hot huh? Cause one of them sure as hell don't know how to treat a lady!'' he scoffed!

I smiled in amusement over AJ enjoying his fifteen minutes of fame.

I turned round and took my very briefly celebrated title belt off the table, then walked over to Roman and gently placed it gently over his shoulder ''Looks better on you anyway brother'' I smiled.

I then turned to Faith, whose pretty eyes were still wide with shock over all that that was happening...

''I literally don't even know what to say to you right now'' she said, looking up at me and shaking her head.

''You don't have to say anything babe. I gave you my absolute word that I would keep your secret. And keep it I will.'' I whispered.

''Hey enough alright! If you don't come with me right now and turn your sorry ass in to the McMahons, I'm going straight to the authorities with this and I'm gon' sing like Johnny Cash!'' AJ yelled in my face.

''You know what AJ...'' I said.

''What?!'' he barked,

''Your extremely loud for someone so short'' I chuckled, winking over at Roman and Faith, who both tried mustering up a smile for me in the state of shock they were both still in.

''Right that's it, let's get going'' AJ barked, dragging me by my arms out of the room.

''Gotta go'' I smiled, looking back at Roman and Faith one last time before AJ finally dragged me away.

*****

I didn't need to clear out my locker, it just had my gym bag and ring gear in it, which I wouldn't be needing now I was released.

It took Hunter all of two seconds to lap up AJ's story like it was free money. He said he wouldn't fine me, or take me to court with all this, if I promised to just go quietly, which is exactly what I did.

I had just reached my car, when I heard someone calling my name...

''Seth! Seth! Wait!!'' It was Faith.

I turned and smiled when I saw her running towards me...

She reached my car, and leaned against it, panting heavily and trying to catch her breath. After about 15 seconds, she was still just stood there, staring at me with so many unanswered questions floating round in her eyes, but I had one of my own...''What am I waiting for Faith?'' I asked softly.

''I...I don't know'' she said, nervously biting her lip...

''I do...'' I smiled, and slowly stood in front of her, gently leaning down and hovering my lips just inches away from hers ''...don't be afraid'' I whispered,

''I...I can't help it, I feel terrified right now ' she stammered.

''I can see, you're shaking'' I smiled, looking down at her trembling lips. I hesitant;y, but gently smoothed my hand down the side of her pretty face and whispered ''everything you've ever wanted, is on the other side of fear...'' I smiled, looking deep into her beautiful eyes.

She looked up at me and blinked a few times, not knowing quite what to say...

I took a deep breath, and stood back up again ''Look Faith, what's done is done. You should be back there with Roman, not out here wi-''

She suddenly crushed her lips to mine, and in that movement, it felt as if the world had stopped turning.

I pulled my head back and stared at her stunned!

''You deserved that'' she said ever so sweetly ''for what you did back there for Roman and I, that was one of the bravest things I have ever seen'' she smiled.

I could feel myself fighting back the tears as I looked down into her soft eyes, I was so in love with her, I couldn't even make sense of anything anymore. With a deep breath, I gently took her hand in mine and said ''You're not only beautiful Faith, you're also and amazing, strong, and confident woman, and without you...I wouldn't be the man I am today'' I smiled down at her.

I watched as single tear rolled down her cheek ''no, don't cry babe, aww please don't cry'' I said softly, feeling my heart break a million times over the emotion we were both feeling.

In that instant, I leaned down kissed her again, and we kissed her for the longest time, enjoying the passionate feeling as we stood wrapped in each other's arms, knowing this was the last time we would ever touch like this.

I don't know what it meant for her, intimately kissing the man that had brutally assaulted her all those years ago. Maybe it was closure, or maybe she realised now my true honest feelings for her. As for me, it was a way a way of making amends, atoning for the sins I'd committed, while being in the arms of the very first woman I have ever loved.

''I love you Faith, deep down inside I think I always did. I know I have an odd way of showing affection, but you brought out the good in me like one else ever could. I really do love you, with all my heart, more than you'll know'' I told her, then I turned and walked away before she saw my tears fall...

FAITH POV:

The second Seth walked away from me I suddenly fell short of breath, because with each step he took, my heart went with him. Could it be...did I love Seth too?

I was sick, it was twisted...it also was true.

They say the truth hurts, and if that's the case...I was headed for a whole world of pain.

THE END.