CHAPTER 23

MONDAY NIGHT RAW....

I had just come through the gorilla, hot sweaty and extremely irritated from a match with the queen bee (another one I had to lose to by the way, as per Stephanie and creative...pft!). She was wearing me down mentally with her constant wooing at every opportunity she got. And it was sooooo annoying! Double pft!!

Roman was up in his locker getting ready for a match against Cena...yeah I know right! Like how many times are creative gonna re-start that feud until it finally wears thin? I was getting on my own nerves right now, because I knew the task ahead of me, one I didn't at all want to do, and it was following me around all day like a dark devlish cloud. Now I really really wanted a cigarette more than anything!

As I slowly walked from the gorilla, my mind began to wonder again...

I know Seth had given us 'till the end of the week, but I felt that if I left it that long, I may not strike up the courage again to do what I needed to do. During my match, I had already made up my mind...it was tonight or never!

Roman and I had planned on executing our plan mid-week sometime, after both Raw and Smackdown were done. But with the way I was feeling tonight, it suddenly gave me the strength and determination to see it through.

And I needed to do it alone. If I didn't, I knew all it would take was one look at Romans face, and I would suddenly be overcome with guilt.

No, he definitely couldn't be around when I did this.

I quickly took out my cell and messaged him, telling him I was heading back to the hotel to lie down because I had a massive headache, and that I would see him there later. By the time he finished his match, read my message, showered and changed and got back to the hotel, I would have enough time to do what I needed to do without any guilt interruptions.

I hurried to my locker now to shower and change, then with all the courage I could muster, I power walked to my next destination...

As soon as I got there, nerves came flooding down on me like a vicious ton of bricks! My heart began beating faster, and the back of my neck along with the palm of my hands started sweating like mad!

I raised my hand to knock on the door, but it opened suddenly and there stood Randy Orton.

''Hey Faith, how you doing?'' he smiled a little uncomfortably...

''Good Randy, how you doing?'' I asked, eyes glued to the floor.

''Good thanks. You uh, looking for Steph?''

''Uh yeah, is she there?'' eyes still glued to the floo.,

''Stephanie you finished with that phone call?'' he asked, turning and peeking back inside the room ''because Faith is here to see you'' he told her.

''Oh perfect'' I heard her say, followed by heels walking towards the door ''Yes send her in''

Randy smiled and stepped aside, then politely said goodnight before heading off down the hall.

''Faith'' Stephanie beamed, subtlety smoothing down her hair and clothing ''what can I do for you?''

I smiled and stepped inside her office, quietly shutting the door behind me. The thudding of my heart sounded like a drum inside my chest, and I was so scared she would be able to hear it too. Not only that, but my palms were also extremely clammy with sweat right now, to the point where I was almost too scared to touch anything, so I just moved the chair out with my foot that she gestured for me to sit down in, and nestled myself nervously into the seat.

''What can I do for you Faith?'' she asked again.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came out...come on Faith, stop being a god damn pussy! I scolded myself...just do it! You have to do it.

''Faith? Are you...-''

''I need a favour from you Stephanie'' I blurted out all of a sudden.

''OK...what's going on Faith?'' she asked, looking me up and down with a genuine look of concern in her eyes.

My hands were trembling now and my voice a little shaky...''You may want to sit down for this'' I told her.

''Faith please, your starting to scare me'' she tried to joke, but when she didn't see me smile back, she walked round her table and sat in her bosses chair just staring at me.

She gestured towards a jug of water sitting out on her desk, as she could see me seriously sweating with nerves right now, but I just shook my head no.

''Ok...so...talk to me Faith, tell me what's going on''

I took a deep breath, and finally looked up at her...''I need you to hire someone back into the WWE'' I told her ''I need that person to have a contract drawn up for them by the end of the week, and I need you to do it with no questions asked'' I said, bravely holding her gaze with mine as I spoke, but Stephanie has those transparent looking blue eyes, and that steely gaze only she can do, that would make even the worlds toughest person look down with fear. And that's what I did.

''E x c u s e me?'' she said slowly...

''You heard me Stephanie'' I replied, my entire body completely shaking with nerves where I sat.

Her eyes widened in shock at my approach towards her, then she snarled her nose and pursed her lips together, like was getting ready to give me a piece of her mind....well, she'd have to wait.

''If you don't Stephanie...I...I will be forced to tell Hunter about your little affair with Randy Orton''

The second I said it I knew that was it. There's no going back now....