CHAPTER 2

ROMAN POV:

The footsteps started up again as soon as I began walking...this time I wasn't going to ignore them. I quickly spun around and was met face to face with that razor sharp smile, the one I was so used to seeing in the past...

''I wondered how long it would be before you showed up again'' I said, looking directly into his eyes.

I was mirrored back with an ice cold gaze...

''Wonderings over'' Seth smiled.

TWO MONTHS ONE WEEK EARLIER...

SETH POV:

I had been out about a week now, and even though I had my freedom back, nothing felt real anymore. Not the people around me, not the cars that drove past me, not of the sound of the street noise, not even the ground beneath my feet. I guess anyone who has ever been incarcerated will tell you: your view of the world changes dramatically after something like that, and maybe you do too.

The only thing keeping me grounded now was my book.

I let my mind travel back to day one, when I finally stepped foot outside of prison and breathed in that fresh Davenport air. It was priceless!

I remember feeling an over whelming sense of freedom as I walked away from the building, and turned the corner. The second I started seeing civilization though, my natural instincts kicked in, and I found myself quickly ducking out of view to avoid being mobbed by a bunch of wrestle crazy fans. I immediately began chuckling the second I caught myself, followed by shaking my head in stupidity as a wave of sadness crept over me.

I wasn't the big star anymore. I was a failure, an embarrassment, a criminal. I had no more wrestling fans, no friends to care for me, and no family I could call my own. I never felt more alone.

I felt a strange stinging in my eyes, but I quickly ignored it, and turned into the first door I saw and began looking around. I was in a book shop, and right there in front of me on the display stand, was Faiths autobiography book ''Just have a little Faith''

I couldn't believe it.

I just stood and stared at it, not knowing quite what to do. I remembered hearing rumors during the trial that Faith was writing a 'tell all' book, but I never knew anything more about it until now.

I quickly looked around, then took a copy off the stand and stuffed it inside my jacket pocket.

''Uh...sir, you can't take that...'' the assistant said.

I immediately made a dash for the door!

''Hey! Stop!''

I never stopped running until I was out of sight.

I found myself a quiet little road to rest on, and a comfy looking doorway where no one would find me. I then sat down and opened up my book, where I began reading it cover to cover.

I never put it down until I was done.

She told everything! Even down to the part about the 'Hounds Of Justice' tattoos. When I finished reading it, I held it close to my heart. I knew I had hurt a lot of people, I really did, but the pain I felt over what I did to Faith got me more than anything. Every time she expressed her own pain and hurt in the book, I felt myself feeling the same pain and hurt along with her. I wasn't used to having lingering feelings like that over a girl, and I still wasn't sure what those feelings even were exactly. But whatever they were they had lingered for the last two years, and found a place in my heart like no other. The second Stephanie introduced us all at headquarters that day, I knew I was being given a second chance at seeing her for who she really was, and without knowing it, she somehow gripped my heart and never let it go. Paige was right, I had tortured myself with the notion that Faith was mine all along, but sadly her heart belonged to Roman...and my jealous ass belonged in jail.