CHAPTER 9

I'd just said bye to Roman and the guys, and was heading towards the Resch Center where we were performing SMACKDOWN later that night. Stephanie wanted to have a meeting with myself and Charlotte before the show, but said it had to be an early one because she was expected in Phoenix, along with Cena and the Bella twins, for the 'Make A Wish Foundation' conference.

I looked down at my watch...8:25am. Good, I still had some time, as the meeting wasn't until 9:00am, so I decided to quickly find my locker and drop my duffel bag off, as god knows I'm always losing that damn thing. Would you believe after all these years, I'm still as clumsy as ever? Ha ha!

I was just walking through the swing doors when someone called out from behind me...

''Miss? Hey Miss! Can you hold the door please?''

''Oh sorry, of course'' I smiled, turning and holding the door back open ''Oh those are beautiful'' I gushed, starting at the fancy bouquet of Purple velvet roses the delivery man was carrying.

''They're also gonna make me late'' he scoffed ''...whoever sent them, wanted it handled 'Just right' saying something about not crushing a single rose, because he wants them to look perfect on delivery'' he said, rolling his eyes and I giggled

''Hey, you know where I can find Section C of this building is Miss?''

''Sorry, it's my first time here, um, try reception maybe ?'' I advised.

''Okay thanks'' he said, and hurried off down the hall, while I looked down at my watch again...8:36am ''Shoot, I better get going'' I muttered, and flung my bag over my shoulder, and began walking quickly walking round trying to find the ladies lockers, where my own private locker should be too – perks of being the WWE Divas champ. After what felt like an eternity of going round and round in circles, I gave up and decided to ask somebody.

''Really? 8:52am already?'' I muttered, looking down at my watch again. I knew Stephanie hated tardiness, and I hated waking up early-not a good combo I gotta admit, but I didn't want to irritate her busy schedule by being late, so I quickly rushed round and managed to get to her office just in time.

*****

The meeting ended up being cut short, because Stephanie had to take an important business call, announcing after that she had to leave even earlier than expected, which left just Charlotte and I alone in the office together. Part of me wondered if it was really a 'business call' or weather her and Randy had a private code they maybe used together. Either way, I decided to leave right behind Stephanie as Charlotte's company left much to be desired. Before I could though, she suddenly stood her tall body up and blocked my way ''I hope you got all of that'' she said staring down at me stone faced.

I looked up at her, having to tilt my head back slightly, as even in my heels Charlotte managed to tower over me. It was a little intimidating I gotta admit, but I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing that, as I maintained a cool expression and said ''You too''

''I shouldn't have to remind you that I'm wrestling Royalty sweetheart, and that I command the respect of those lesser around me'' she said, taking a step closer and sneering down at me.

Was this chic for real? I thought looking her up and down, followed by a very sarcastic ''Excuse me, your highness'' as the last person I expected her to need validation from was me.

''You're not so tough you know. You only got that Diva's title by freak occurrence'' she sneered ''If Nikki hadn't of hurt her neck and was out with an injury, that title would have been mine'' she hissed bitterly.