CHAPTER 27

AJ POV:

I had signed with the WWE just a little over 4 months ago, while I was still doing some overtime in TNA and NJPR. My debut came when I entered as Superstar number three in the annual Royal Rumble Match. I gotta admit, it was a lot more fun than I'd imagined!

Durin' my time so far as a professional wrestler, I always preferred the crowd of the Indie scene, especially Southern Circuit Wrasslin' but I'd be a lyin' if I said I wasn't curious 'bout what it would be like to be in the WWE. I guess that old saying is right - make a name for yourself then make them come to you! And come they did, with a real sweet 6 figure salary that was too good to refuse!

Now here I am.

I'd only been here a short while, but already everyone's been so welcoming and inviting towards me, making me like I'd known these people all my life or sumthin'. I got on pretty quickly with Roman, as he was a real cool and down to earth kinda guy. And when I found out he liked country music, I knew we were gon' get on like a house on fire.

He also told me that his girl was into country music too, and when he introduced me to her a coupla months back, I suddenly remembered she was the one who had sparked that whole hashtag #ReinstateFaith thing a couple of years back. I remember watching the incident on social media the next day, it was pretty huge what had happened!

It wasn't the first time of course that the wrestling industry, has had scandalous stories leaked about the talent, but it was however the first time a wrestler went off script, and outed another wrestler on live TV.

I was sorry such a horrible thing had happened to her, I mean she's a real nice girl who didn't at all deserve any of that. In the end the story came out that it was actually Seth and not Dean who had raped her, but still, the shock of it all had tipped the wrestling world off its axis!

I felt real bad for that Dean guy, a lot of people did, and even though he was cleared of all charges, the countdown to his departure from the WWE had already begun.

When I heard Dean was coming to TNA, I made it my personal mission to welcome him, and make him feel a part of our TNA family. And it was shortly after that, that I got the call from WWE.

I wasn't sure at first, but Dean had insisted I go try it out, saying it would be a good career choice - so far he wasn't wrong.

When I got here, people were still talking about the whole Shield/Faith incident, and even though it was none of my business, I couldn't help but hear a lot of different stories as to what really went down, but I also had the facts from the guys involved...Roman and Dean.

As for that Seth guy...I hated to even mention his name!

Last Christmas my dad had bought ma Faiths 'Have A Little Faith' book, he knew she loved a good show and tell, but even ma said how shocked she was at reading all the sick and twisted things Seth had done to her. I remember her trying to show me extracts from the book, but I didn't wanna see it.

I had already heard enough! I hated the idea of rape, or anything related to it. I was born and raised in a Christian household, with good Christian values, ones which I'll be sure to pass on down the line when I get my own kids someday. I was always taught to love your family and friends, work hard, say your prayers, and cause no harm to others, unless to protect someone from danger.

Not a day has gone by that I still didn't believe in those values.

A lot of good things were happening for me now I was in the WWE, a lot more doors were opening, and a lot more opportunities were coming my way! But the one thing I wasn't banking on, was falling head over heels for my little Daisy Dukes, Summer Rae. Oh man, she was just as cute as a button, a real Southern boys dream! She was petite, sexy, pretty as hell, and best of all...she was head over heels about me too! So you can imagine how I felt when she told me that she also was a victim of that Seth guy! I tell you, if that piece of shit ever tried that down here in the south, well lets just say they'd be a 12 gauge shotgun waitin' for him with his name on it!