"Oh come on, we all know that she's inviting that idiot."

"Actually, I'm inviting Lector."

"Seriously? Why not Sting?" Ayame questioned, confused.

"The princess already personally invited him."

"WHAT?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why on earth would you still be wearing your cloak?" Sting asked accusingly.

Emi shrugged as she answered, "The princess said that she would like for me to wear my cloak, as I will be fighting and she wishes to prove to the crowd that I am who I am. Mystery or whatever."

Emi looked at the dragon slayer to see that he was wearing a white and blue suit. Emi giggled as he fought with the buttons on his shirt before she stood in front of him and moved his hands so she could help him. She carefully fastened each button before fixing his collar. Sting turned his head to the side as he tried to hide his flushed face.

"How do you even know how to do this? I've never even heard of you being at a place where you would need to dress up."

Emi spoke softly, "When I was little, my parents would bring me to these parties in our village. It would be small, but everyone dressed up. My dad could never do his buttons or tie, so my mom always helped him. I guess I was able to pick up on it from watching them so much."

Sting smiled at her before holding one of her cheeks and rubbing it with his thumb.

"I really wish I could've seen you in a dress tonight. You'd look perfect."

Emi giggled and joked, "Oh? Are you saying I don't right now?"

Sting's cheeks burned as he quickly denied it. Emi laughed before telling Sting that she was going to take a shower.

"Jeez. She's gonna be the death of me."

"I heard that!"

Sting let out a small "sorry!" before sitting on the couch and waiting for his girlfriend. He quickly dozed off until he felt a soft kick on his foot. He jolted awake to see Emi standing in front of him with her arms crossed.

"Seriously? I was in there for ten minutes."

Sting went to argue when he looked up at her. She was standing there with a towel in her hands as she patted down her hair.

"Dude, seriously? Out of all the things in the world, you get turned on by--"

"Shut it, Rogue!"

He gulped quietly before standing up so that they were centimeters apart. Emi raised her eyebrow at the dragon slayer before moving to get her cloak. Sting gently grabbed her wrist and pulled her back so that they were in a close embrace.

"Sting, what are you doing? I have to get ready."

He buried his face into the crook of her neck and tightened his grip. Emi's hand instinctively went to stroke his hair. Emi pulled away once he started to kiss her neck.

"We don't have to experience this again, do we?" Lucy nervously asked.

"Juvia wishes to skip the rest of the memory if so."

"I think we all would," Gray agreed.

"Sting, we'll be late. Now hurry up and get your shoes on."