78

Jessa and Dhiren make their way over the the Ancient One. He has a large space around him since the elves sense his power and they are uncomfortable with it. Zira is talking to him as they come up to where he is.

"Ah, there you two are. It is getting late and I was afraid that Jethro's gift would keep me from giving you mine." The Ancient One says in his rumbling voice. They can feel the rumbles in their body and it makes them uncomfortable.

They look to the side as he gestures and Jessa becomes to astounded to move. She is looking at two people, male and female. The female is just like looking into a mirror. "This is Rachel and Reniel.

"Reniel, Rachel, your daughter that is known as Jessa Brightblade." The Ancient One is pleased at how speechless Jessa is.

"Daughter, you are just as beautiful as your mother." Reniel breaks the silence that had fallen with the deity's words.

"Ah, thank you Reniel." Jessa manages to get out of her mouth that seems to no longer want to work.

Reniel smiles at her discomfiture. "You are more than I could have ever asked for, Jessa, know that. Our god isn't as strict as some and has permitted Rachel and I to watch over you as you grew up. We have watched as you learned to fight and beat those elflings. We watched how gracefully you handled being bullied.

"We also watched as you, Prince, watched her learning. We saw how you dealt with the bullying. We thank you." Reniel says to both his daughter and her chosen mate.

Rachel breaks her silence. "I was unable to do more than take out the enemy before my life was spent. I am sorry. I had tried to get to the elves to give you to them directly but my strength failed me. I am sorry." Rachel looks away from her daughter up to those that make their way to their side.

"You general, I want to thank especially. I know how much you disliked humans, that's why I didn't come to Silva sooner. But from the time Jessa was placed into your arms you cared for her. You did your duty by looking for a human home for her, but you were more than pleased that none was found. You were most anxious about how the prince would be towards my daughter. At the time you had reason to be.

"Dhiren, thank you. I know it hasn't been easy having her in Silva when you hated humans like you did. Thank you for opening your heart and allowing her in. She has only been able to accomplish what she did because of you being willing to change. 

"Her journey is far from over. There is much that she is still required to do in order to save this world. She will need your love in the coming days far more than she ever has before."

"It will be an honor to give her my love. Now and forever she will have it, Rachel." Dhiren says solemnly to Rachel then looks down to Jessa and smiles lovingly to her.

"I know. You are good for her Dhiren. Make sure that never changes or all is lost." Rachel gives him a warning of what is to come. She's just not sure that it's strong enough for him to pay attention to it.

"I will do my best to make sure that she always feels that way. It wasn't easy to get her to agree to be with me. The last thing I want is for her to decide that she would do better without me. I don't care how it would affect the world, I'm far to selfish, I would care how it would affect me. It will kill me and most likely her as well."

Reniel breaks in at this point smirking, "Yes, it likely would. The females in her line do get rather attached to their chosen mates. They are also very stubborn in doing their duty even to the point that they are willing to die rather than give up their duty." Reniel turns to his wife and smiles as he says this.

Rachel rolls her eyes and replies, "Yet, it wasn't me that died in performing my duty was it?" Her tone was a little more acerbic than it normally is when she says this. This makes those watching them chuckle a bit.

"Seriously, Jessa, you avenged me and I couldn't be prouder. I'm still not sure how you were able to defeat that old bastard but you did. You saved the lives of many by doing so. There is not a way I could be more proud of you. I love you so much." Reniel tells her and Jessa can't help the tears that come to her eyes when he does.

"Thank you, father. I did my best, have done my best, but I've never known if you and mother would have been proud of me."

"How could we not, Jessa? Kallen and Sorid have done an incredible job of teaching you. You are the kindest, most compassionate person I've ever seen. You have so much love to give and even to those that don't deserve it, you have forgiven. You've fulfilled your duties as princess to your people without even turning. You are an incredible example to your people, the elven people and the humans. You have done us all proud.

"We both love you so much and are so proud of you. You need to have Jethro teach you how to use the power from him you have locked up. He should have done so before now, but you will need it in the future. That will be a given. The other dragons haven't been slack in their efforts. War is coming and you two will play an important part in whether any survive or not.

"I am sorry to be the one to tell you that." Rachel says sadly as she looks at her daughter and new son-in-law.

Jessa is too choked up to speak, so Dhiren speaks for her. "We were aware that war was coming. Jessa was telling me earlier that she will be leaving to deal with the problem. She asked me to come with her."

"You will need to go with her or she won't succeed. You will need to talk to those stuck up cousins of yours. They will be the first to fall to the evil if they don't listen. The silver dragons are about ready to pull up and join Alaric and the golds here. They will need the help of the dragons if they hope to survive. If they fall it won't take much for the evil to sweep up through the humans and make their way here."

"You will need to unite the humans as you deal with the dragon kin, Jessa." Reniel tells her and Dhiren.