36

"Jessa, it's getting late and we haven't had much food, I'll order some dinner for you and have it sent here, if you'd like?" Dhiren tells her as he escorts her back to her room after that incredibly overwhelming meeting was finally over.

"That would be lovely, Dhiren." Jessa says then bites her lips and looks down before looking back up to the elven prince. "Why don't you have them send enough for the both of us? We could eat outside in the garden? I'm sorry, perhaps that was too forward of me? After all, you haven't asked me to-" Dhiren doesn't let her finish her sentence. He leans in and kisses her.

"I only accepted the ending because you couldn't tolerate being with me with the information you had. You had misinformation and lack of information given to you. You did what you felt you had to do. 

"You said that you would have stayed with me otherwise. Would you be willing for me to court you, once again." Dhiren asks softly, hopefully. It will be because of Lady Zira if she says she won't. That is what Dhiren fears. 

Jessa smiles softly, "Of course, Dhiren, I would love to accept you as my boyfriend once more."

Dhiren smiles broadly then leaves to tell a servant to have food sent to the room.

Then Jessa has him come in.

"Dhiren, could you help me take this damn dress off? Why any one would want to wear a dress that you have to have help to get into or out of is beyond me. Hell, why any one would want to wear a dress is beyond me."

Dhiren goes to her and slowly undoes the dress and shows her just why some would want to wear a dress that they need help with. "You look stunning in that dress, Jessa. That's why females like wearing dresses, it makes them look and feel beautiful."

Jessa snorts out in derision. "I guess I just never received that message. Dresses are okay I guess, but they get in the way of a proper movement in a fight."

Dhiren laughs at her logic. "Yes, I guess they would. But then again most females don't rush headlong into a fight or even start them for fun." Dhiren gives her a kiss, "I guess they just don't know what they are missing."

Jessa laughs at that, "I guess they don't. I think I need a quick bath to refresh myself before dinner. The dress might be pretty, but with all the layers I was doing another unlady like thing, sweating."

Dhiren's eyes light up, "Would you like some company?"

Jessa raises one eyebrow in inquiry, "Do you have any clothes to change into?"

Dhiren smirks and shrugs, "Not really, I could have someone bring me something or I could suffer putting these ones back on. I didn't sweat in mine."

"Smart ass. It's supposed to be a half moon tonight." Jessa says somewhat dreamily. She's pretty sure that she'll be hearing the music of the moon tonight.

"Would you like to dance again, Jessa?" Dhiren asks coming up to her and holding her. He walks her to the bathing room.

"I'm not sure, I guess it will depend on how tired I feel after the bath and eating." Jessa says but there is still a soft smile on her face.

"I wonder just how Sorsha is handling the caravan? I know how much she dislikes people and talking common. Why did you choose her?"

"I didn't, she volunteered and I had no reason to tell her no and choose someone else."

Dhiren had by then shucked his clothes and joined Jessa in the tub that is roughly the same size as the springs that Jessa likes to bathe in when she comes to visit.

Nathan would catch the faint sound of music. Just enough that it would demand his attention. He's trying to find the location but fails as the music fades away. He decides to ask the taciturn elf that took Jessa's place. Although, with the dark looks being given to Jessa, he doubts that she will be willing to answer any questions that he has.

"Sorsha, I'm sorry to bother you, but is there a celebration going on? Every once in a while I hear music. It's incredible music and I'd love to hear it better. If it's a secret, you don't need to tell me."

Sorsha looks startled that Nathan could hear the music. "You hear that?" Nathan nods his head. Sorsha looks thoughtful. "You've been given permission to enter Silva, have you not?" Sorsha demands of the human.

Nathan smiles a bit, "Yeah," then sighs, "I had hoped to see more of it, but with Jessa being called into the meeting I will have to wait for another opportunity. Last time she was an emotional wreck and couldn't show me anything."

Sorsha snorts in disdain, "Yeah right."

"Look, I don't know what you have against Jessa, but she's been suffering since her last visit with her grandfather. Up until last night she was unable to keep down more than a bite of food and I doubt if she's gotten more than two or three hours of sleep a night. I don't know what happened, but I do know that if something doesn't change and soon that she will likely die. She can't fight like she does with so little sleep and still come out alive."

Sorsha looks at Nathan in curiosity. "She fights a lot?" She knew that she ranged out from the caravans because they were with her on the last two trips, but they didn't know that she fought alone.

Nathan nods before speaking, "When she is with the caravan there is no fighting for the other guards. When that gets around the other guards will want to be in caravans with her, since the chances of them living increases. With the bandits congregating along the trail that Jessa doesn't take it will make her even more popular with the guards. We don't like knowing that we are likely to die." Nathan is morose on that. He figures that Jessa will want to do something to clear out the bandits, but doubts that she'll be able to before he will have to go through that mess without her. He just doesn't have the funds to wait like she does.

"The bandits will be banding together? Where?" Sorsha demands to know. This is something that they need to know about. If Jessa knows and doesn't say anything then she will need to let the royals know about it. Then Sorsha relaxes, of course Jessa will let the royals know. No matter how she feels about the rest of the elves, she loves her parents and wouldn't want any thing to happen to them, especially now that Sorid is pregnant.

"They will be  likely to set up ambushes along the cliffs. It makes easy bow range that will kill the guards before they can do anything to stop the attack. Jessa says that part of the pass is only about a day out from here."

Nathan stops speaking to Sorsha and listens attentively, "There's that music again. I wish I could hear it more clearly." Nathan doesn't realize how sad he sounds when he says that.

Sorsha thinks to herself for a bit before nodding. "Stay here, I'll be back shortly." Sasha takes off to the tree line. She stops and an elf appears. It seems like she has a short discussion before she turns back and jogs back to wear Nathan still waits for her.

"Go get your bag, I'll be taking you to one of Jessa's favorite places. It's a spring that she likes to bathe in when she gets here. After you bathe I'll take you to the clearing that she likes to go to. There you might be able to hear the music more clearly."

Nathan gawks at the elf before shaking his head to clear it. "I thank you, Sorsha, but I don't understand why you would do that for me?"

Sorsha looks down as she tells him, "For two reasons, one you are hearing the music of Lady Zira. It is only right that  you be taken to where you will be able to hear it more clearly. Second, I realized by your words that you are right about Lady Jessa. There must be more to the story than what I know. You are her friend, the only one that I know of. I may not be able to make things up to her, for all I've done, but I can take you to the places that she likely would have if she hadn't been called to that meeting."

Nathan looks at the elf with narrowed eyes. Then he gives a short sharp nod and heads over to get his gear. In short order he's back and Sorsha introduces him to another elf. "This one will take my place while I show you a bit of Silva."

Nathan nods and takes the elf over to Josnick and tells him that he'll be gone for an unknown length of time, but he should be back before morning. Josnick nods, already aware of the special permission that Nathan has with the elves.