Chapter 13-Bassy's kinda oblivious

Barry's POV 

"We'll give you guys some privacy, sorry again Bassy." Rachel said as she dragged the new directioners away, leaving just me and the warblers.

"I am sorry I never told you, but I had a right to my secrets didn't I ?" I spit at Trent.

"That's the thing Sebastian, you did have a right, but it would have been nice to know that, and not think that you aren't as selfish as people say you are."

I could tell it was really serious, from Trent's tone and the fact he'd called me Sebastian instead of Seb. For some reason that just made me angrier, how could he be pissed at the decisions I made so many years ago.

"Me? Selfish? Did you forget everything that happened in high school and everything I did. I was there was for you when no one else was. And why are you so mad at me now, I told you yesterday. What, did you need time to brewer your guilt?"

"Right, so you've resorted to guilt-tripping me now. I didn't ask for you to be there!"

"I am not guilt-tripping you. And I would have been there for you even if you didn't want me to because that's what best friends do. They support and understand each other!"

"Well it seems like I wasn't even your best friends since you could tell Rachel bloody Berry about your past but your friends, your brothers weren't!"

I fell silent, mouth opened, ready to retort, when his words finally hit me. 

I felt like a idiot, why hadn't I realised it earlier! I felt even stupider when I saw the fire in his eyes, hiding his hurt. 

After a while, I replied in a soft voice, "It wasn't because I didn't trust you guys," I said while looking at the warblers, " It was because I was scared you guys would have stop being friends with me." 

David asked, "What do you mean?" 

I could practically feel the confusion from everyone. It was a pretty familiar feeling because of the last two days. 

"You guys meant everything to me, and I was scared you would have judged me and... bullied me." 

I whispered the last part so quietly I was sure that no one would have caught it, while looking down in shame. 

Unfortunately, I had forgotten about Thad's 'super' hearing, and his head snapped up so fast I was so very tempted to make a joke that he could probably take over my night job. 

"What did you just say?" Thad's words were punctuated and so commanding, I felt like I had to answer him, lest I dare face the wrath of Thad. 

"My past wasn't the best as you well know by now, and all my friends became my bullies back at Central, and I thought if you guys knew you would do the same." I said while looking down in shame. 

Hearing no response I looked back up, surprised at the shame nearly shown on my friends faces, Trent's most of all. He came to me and pulled me into a fierce hug, causing me to let out a definitely manly squeak. 

"As much as I love that you're not mad at me anymore, what's up with all the faces of shame?" All the warblers let out a chuckle, causing me to get even more confused. 

"He's still as oblivious as ever." Jeff stage whispered to Jeff, making all the warblers laugh. 

Trent looked at me with the most serious face ever, "Don't you ever think we would ever do that again. We're sorry that we didn't let you know this back then." 

I nodded weakly, still feeling confused, but for now I just wanted the comfort from the familiar embrace of my former best friend. 

Third Person's POV 

"Cisco, still no luck?" Iris asked as she walked into the cortex with Joe. It had been two days since Barry had disappeared and sent the weird message.

"No, I've tried everything. Unless he shows up on some traffic cameras, we have no way of finding him. I guess it slipped our minds that Barry is kinda a genius and knows how to disappear."

"I'm getting more worried than mad now. What is he isn't 'taking a break' and was kidnapped or something like that." Iris replied.

"This really isn't like him." Caitlin said.

"Dad you have your "I think I know something" face on. What is it?"

Joe replied while looking at Iris, "Well, we do know one other time he acted like this."

"Dad you're a genius! This is Barry's secret to tell though, are you sure you want to tell them?"

"Baby they're his best friends."

Word count: 773