Chapter 21: A Familiar Face... Or Three

"Jack and Raf are here as well?" I asked as Miko pulled me somewhere.

Miko hummed a light tune. "Yuppers! We weren't supposed to know about the Autobots but destiny called us! Now we hang out here in the military base and we tricked our parents to think that we're going camping for a year."

A year?

"A whole year?" I voiced my thoughts out loud.

"Yeah. The official guys had to cover up our tracks with our contact with the Bots and Cons. They said it'll be safer this way. But the good news is that I get tons of new friends and an adventure!" The other girl squealed.

"Hmm." I simply nodded in reply.

Miko started to tell me all about her adventures and pranks she did. A few mechs and humans helped her with her pranks and cause mischief through the base.

Okay, now that only reminds me of Rumble and Frenzy.

My necklace heats up with energy for a short moment before going back to its normal state.

We soon stopped, Miko still grabbing my arm, pulled me over next to the wall as I heard her typing something. I heard doors slid open and we walked in. "Alright!" Miko exclaimed.

"Welcome to the rec. room!" She released the cloth covering my eyes and I blinked rapidly at the sudden brightness.

The Autobots' rec. room looks nothing like the Decepticons'. What I noticed first is how extremely different the colour scheme looks compared to the ones on the Nemesis. The walls and ceiling were a patch of burnt orange and metallic silver metal. And it was ridiculously bright.

The large room was filled with actual furniture. Both human and Cybertronian sized couches, bookshelves, snack dispensers and an energon dispenser. Various mechs and humans interacted with each other. My eyes trailed across the room to see a few mechs I heard of during my stay with the Decepticons.

The warrior/frontliner twins Sunstreaker and Sideswipe. The gold and red mechs. The seekers told me most about them. How they clung to their wings and drag them down to fight hand in hand combat. Starscream despises them, Thundercracker tolerates them, Skywarp thinks they're fun.

Next, there were a few mechs gathered around large tables. Hound, Mirage, Trailbreaker, and Cliffjumper. On the other table were Smokescreen and Bluestreak. Both tables had a few human soldiers sitting near them as they conversed happily.

Hmm...

It's been a while since I had contact with other humans.

"Hey, Jack! Raf! Look who's here!" Miko sang the last word out as she waved to the two boys.

Jack and Raf turned around and gasped when they saw me.

Geez. They didn't think I was dead, did they?

... That was probably what they were thinking. Stupid question.

"Hi." I gave a hesitant wave. That broke them out of their staring and immediately rushed over to us. Raf gave me a careful hug and Jack pats my back.

"Cecilia? Holy crap, you're okay!" Jack exclaimed.

I nodded and let a tiny smile appear.

"And thank goodness for that. We were worried. Your mom has been searching for you for months! You've been with the Decepticons the whole time?" Raf asked.

I nodded once more.

"You sure you're okay? Maybe Ratchet should take a look at her."

Miko scoffed. "Isn't he a medic for bots?"