Chapter 10: Language Discovery

(Cecilia's POV)

I looked up at him and blinked.

What kind of agreement?

He seems to get what my gesture meant. His optics gleamed and a smirk formed on his face. He looked up and down at me.

"Well, you are going to be on this ship for a long while and you need to have someone to look after you other than Soundwave because he most certainly will be busy with his duties."

Wait a minute, I'm on a ship? A boat ship or a flying ship? I need to find a way to communicate better. Fast. Because I have a ton of questions that desperately need to be answered.

"There are a few Decepticons who may not like you staying here so you probably be hunted down. Especially that traitorous spider," he muttered the last part quietly. But I heard it loud and clear. What spider?

"And because of that, I will tolerate you and you may hang around in my medbay since no one really comes here often except Breakdown. But you will help me around in the medbay. Not much, just some cleaning, fix a few wires and dents, and organizing my tools." he explained.

It sounds like a good deal to me. I don't mind working a bit. It's not like I have anything else to do here do I?

I looked up at his face.

"So, is it a deal?"

I nod then carefully grabbed one of his large clawed fingers that was reached out to me and we shook hands. Well, finger for his case.

"A deal's a deal then. You don't mind getting your hands a little dirty, do you?" he leaned back and placed his hands on his hips.

The color drained from my face when he said that. Oh dear, what did I just get myself into?

(Normal POV)

On usual days on the Nemesis, Breakdown would either help his buddy Knockout, hang with some of the Vehicons in the rec. room, or stuck with monitor duty. He asked himself why do they need him to have monitor duty. Soundwave is the Third in Command, their Communications Officer, and Megatron's most trusted spy. The purple mech could handle it.

He used to think that, maybe they noticed what damage he had caused due to his...well...anger issues. Sure, he pummeled the walls and/or the Nemesis with his fists, unintentionally stabbed a few Vehicons with his mace, and damaged a control panel once. But that was an accident. He couldn't help himself. Sometimes his pent up anger released from him uncontrollably.

He did feel a bit of regret doing that. Especially when he received one of Megatron's beatings after his having another episode a few weeks ago. Now he was pointed to do monitor duty even though he knew Soundwave was doing a more accurate job than he is.

He leaned back against the chair he was sitting on and started at the various monitors in front of him in boredom. Nothing unusual was happening. The little twins were running (More like escaping) from an enraged pink Starscream down the halls. Wait, was that glitter he saw?

Vehicons were going to their posts after taking their break, Megatron sitting on his throne in the command room, Soundwave by his screens, the floors in the hallways has a trail of bright pink and glittered pedesteps. He chuckled lowly, the Lead Seeker Commander must be furious at this.

It was quiet in the monitor room, Breakdown started to doze off when his comm turned on startling him, almost causing him to fall out of his chair.

"Breakdown!" Knockout's voice was heard.

Said mech groaned and shutter his optics a few times. "What is it?"

The next few words were a haze to the yellow opticed mech as his tired processor struggled to keep up with what the medic was saying. He mumbled a few words to his partner and managed to understand the words; Yes, bring, medbay, pick, and fleshy.