Chapter 5: Little Robot

Jasper Highschool. Jasper, Nevada.

(Cecilia's POV)

And now, it is time for the lesson that I do not appreciate being invented.

Physics.

It's not that I hate or don't like it. I just can't stand all the numbers and formulas that have to be memorized out of our senses. Sure I can put digits and numbers in when there's a formula but I just can't seem to remember which formula goes to which.

I'm more of an art person. The one with creativity. I'm not a mathematical person and that is why I am going to take in either Music, Biology, English, or Social Studies for my chosen lesson in the next grade.

Since I am a sophomore at school, that is 10th grade, students may choose what extra subject that they will focus and learn about in the last year of school before heading off to college.

A few chosen students with the best grades in said subject gets a scholarship from school to any university they want to go to.

But as of now, I can only hope for the opportunity because the bell is ringing.

I took out my books that I didn't need any more from my bag and held my Physics book.

The laptop that I bought a few days ago was in my bag.

Safe and sound.

We needed to bring our laptops for a later subject after lunch to work on a project. I hope it's not an essay.

I stepped in class and scanned the room for an empty seat in the back of the room. I reached my spot, placed my bag down beside me and my books on the table.

The teacher soon came and the class began.

- TIME SKIP -

Well, this day ended up smoothly. Vince and his friends didn't bother me today. Don't know why though. Seems suspicious.

I shrugged it off and started walking home, my laptop was in my hands because my bag was quite full with books. I turned to a corner where my house was a few blocks away.

I stopped in my tracks after.

One of Vince's friends were standing there like he was waiting for me. I slowly backed up when I hit something. I turned my head to my side and saw another one behind me.

I hugged my laptop close and started walking back to an alleyway. My eyes darted in front of me. The rest of the group came closer and cornered me.

And Vince was in the lead.

"Freak's all alone today huh?" he sneered.

"Where are the three nerds that were with you a few days ago? They probably got tired of you and left you by yourself. You got no one to help you out now."

Vince was in the same grade level as me but we have different classes. He and I do not get along well. He thinks I'm weird because I write those symbols from the book that I got from the library.

I didn't mind though. Usually, it was just teasing but today is different. He planned this. He figured out where I will go after school.

Creepy stalker.

Two of his goons grabbed me by my arms and shoved me against the wall. My bag and laptop fell to the ground. Vince walked right in front of me and held his arm back as he prepared to punch me.

I shut my eyes and looked down.

Then I heard a clicking and whirring noise. Like a machine getting ready to start. The hands that held me disappeared as a beeping sound was heard followed by what sounded like gunshots.

I heard them run away and something that felt like sharp claws landed on my head. It weighs like a stack of books. I didn't dare to open my eyes.

A chirp was heard.

I opened my eyes hesitantly and saw a metal bird looking at me.

It has a thin purple body and the size of an eagle but a bit larger with sharp edges and a dark symbol under its wings, and red eyes or optics as they say it in mechanics class.

I gaped at it as it stared back.

It gave a mechanical chirp and flew upwards. I blinked once, then twice. I looked at the now scorched and burnt ground where my backpack was but my laptop was nowhere to be found.

I looked at the metal bird robot which was hovering next to my head then to the ground once again. I glanced to my sides and saw no one. I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulders.

Good.

I held an arm out and watched as the robot landed on it. It chirped again and tilts its head at me. Which I smile about.

No one has to know about this.