Chapter 20: Heavily Guarded

(Cecilia's POV)

"I can explain. I swear." Miko waved her hands around as she tried to form words to start her explanation.

I wasn't paying attention to her. I was watching Bulkhead. His voice sounds familiar now that I thought about it.

I blinked.

Oh yes, I remember a mech named 'Bulkhead'. It was before I lived with the Decepticons. Laserbeak and I were relaxing at the park if I was not mistaken. Jack, Miko and Raf were there. A man was with them as well. Miko called him 'Bulkhead'. As I looked closely at this mech named Bulkhead. I could see the similarities between the man before and the mech in front of me right now.

His optics blinked back at me. Then his gaze went to a still trembling Ratbat in my arms. An emotion passed by his faceplates. One I can't quite decipher.

I glared at him and turned my body a bit so Ratbat won't be in his line of sight. Bulkhead acknowledged my act and darts his gaze away to look at the still blabbering Miko.

"-bored so like... I... Heard the meeting with the important 'Bots and I kinda snuck in the groundbridge by climbing to the back of Magnus' alt form because I wanted to see all the action but I didn't know Cecilia was there! Then the both of us-" Bulkhead cut off the rest of her words gently by releasing a long sigh.

I watched as his frame visibly drooped and the sounds of his armour rearranging itself.

"Come on. We need to get back to base. Ratchet wants a word with you by the way." He said. "Your friend has to come with us too." He added.

I scrunched up my face.

Say what?

- - -

I sat stiffly in the seat behind Miko as Bulkhead drove us to their base. Before we got in, Miko told me that they had to blindfold me so I wouldn't see where the location is. As if I didn't know that already. I didn't spend my time with Megatron playing chess you know.

We talked about the layout of the Autobots' base from the intel that the Decepticon spies gave us. He wouldn't let me go on missions, just a few energon mines with the company of at least a Vehicon beside me.

But I complied nonetheless.

Ratbat fell asleep a few minutes into the drive. The poor guy was probably exhausted from everything that happens.

I closed my eyes. I tried to take a nap or something before we arrive at the Autobots' base, but I just couldn't. There are too many thoughts floating in my mind right now.

Where are the Decepticons?

What are they going to do to me?

If Miko allies with the Autobots does that mean Raf and Jack are with them too? Miko did say something about telling 'the boys'.

They won't try to separate Ratbat from me, right?

If they try to interrogate me. Have fun trying. I won't give anything to them.

Why did they suddenly decide to invade and bring down the Nemesis? We stayed low, only harvesting power and searched for any of the relics. Sure Megatron had ordered spies to infiltrate the enemy's base once in a while but that's it.

I opened my eyes and pressed my lips against each other. My vision is still black, of course. I closed off the hurricane of questions in my head for the time being. I'll get my answers in my way.

I shuffled in my seat to lean against the door and press my head against the glass. A warm thrum of power and life flowed throughout the car.

Cybertronians are truly remarkable beings.

[Dream]

[I floated around in a dark void. It feels like it's been hours since I've been here. I moved around mindlessly without a sense of direction and soon found a small source of light.

As I moved closer to it, I realized that it was the jewel on my necklace. But the colour wasn't only a dark shade of purple, now it was white. The gem seems to be levitating, but I feel like it was stuck onto something, a wall perhaps, but I just couldn't see it. It gave off a warm glow of light and it pulsed steadily, as a heartbeat does.

I carefully grabbed it with my thumb and index finger and tugged on it gently. It loosened and soon was free from the invisible wall. But after I released it, the small area where the gem once was lit up. Bright red, gold, blue and white lines appeared in the middle of the large black expanse. It formed a complex design of glyphs and shapes I have never seen before.

I saw a sentence form quickly in front of me and I got a split second to read it before an intense pain rushed through my head and results in me to close my eyes.]

- - -

Ark - N.E.S.T, Autobot Base/HQ. Jasper, Nevada.

"Oh, man." Miko groaned. I blinked awake from my nap and was startled when I only saw black. I reached up to touch my eyes. Oh right, I was blindfolded.

I guess this means we arrived at the Autobots' base. Bulkhead rolled to a stop and I heard Miko unstrap her seatbelt and her side of the door swing open.

"Hang on CC." She said. "I'll help you down. Bulk! Don't transform yet!"

I moved away from the door and heard a few clicks before a pair of hands gently grabbed my arm. I shifted my legs over the edge of the seat and carefully placed them down. When I felt the steady ground beneath my feet, I slid off the seat and stepped outside.

Miko hugged me tightly. "I couldn't do this before." I heard her say quietly. "But I'm so happy you're okay."

I used my free arm to pat her on the back. "Thanks," I whispered back.

She released me and went back to holding my arm to guide me around. I couldn't see a thing. But I can feel the hot sunlight of the desert on my skin. Ratbat shifted nervously as he clung onto the back of my neck, my hair partially hid him from the others.

"Miko! I can't believe you took off on your own again! How many times to we have to explain to you that its dangerous? You gave me a heart attack when we heard you disappeared!" A voice exclaimed.

"Uh,"

"You know what. I don't care. We got other problems to worry about right now but we will have another talk about this. Bulkhead, Ratchet wants you in the medbay. Miko, bring your buddy with you to hangar 5. Your friends want to see you."

"Yes, Sam," Bulkhead replied quietly as I heard him transform and the heavy fall of his pedes trailed off as he walked away.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay." Miko said. She guided me along with her. "Come on CC. Jack and Raf would be so hyped to meet you!"

- - -

A/n: The other chapter will be up in a few hours. Just need to edit a few things!