Chapter 1: The Mute

Jasper Highschool. Jasper, Nevada.

School was just dismissed and students came barging out of the building. Some stayed for a bit and talked with their friends, others went home.

One high school student sat alone on the now mostly empty steps of the school. She pulled out a notebook and pen then started writing. No one paid that much attention to her, they simply carried on to what they were doing.

But a few didn't.

A shadow was cast from in front of her. She looked up and saw the school bully, Vince.

"Hey mute, all alone again? Where did your friends go? Oh right, you don't have them." His small group behind him laughed.

The girl looked at him with an expressionless face, her notebook was now clutched a bit closer to her.

Vince noticed this and smirked. He grabbed the book from her hands and held it by a paper, almost ripping it off.

"What's this you got here?" he flipped through the pages and made a confused face.

"What are you even writing in here? Symbols? Hah! You are weird. You can't talk and it seems you couldn't write properly too."

He carelessly threw the book back at her.

"You really are a freak."

"Hey, Vince! Get away from her!"

He turned around and saw Miko, along with Jack and Rafael. The exchange student was crossing her arms as she glared at him.

"Leave her alone you big meanie."

"Why do you care? You're not even friends with her. But I'll go this time. I have more important business to do than talk here with you bunch of losers."

As Vince and his group walked away, the girl watched them leave. When they were out of her sights she turned to the girl who 'saved' her.

"Don't worry about him. He's always like that. I don't know why though. I'm too lazy to figure it out. My name is Miko by the way." The Japanese girl held out a hand.

The girl stood up and grabbed her hand. Then she picked up her book. Opened an empty page and scribbled something.

'Hello there, my name is Cecilia. It's very nice to meet you. Thanks for helping me out.'

"Oh! Well, no problem Cecile. Can I call you that? It sounds more catchy."

Cecilia nodded and looked behind Miko to see two boys standing not far from her.

"Those two lame guys are Jack and Raf."

Jack gave a smile and waved while Raf said a quiet hello.

She waved back and looked at the time. She better get home soon, her aunt was probably worried about her.

'I gotta go home. See you guys tomorrow?'

"Heck yeah, we will! Bye!"

"See you tomorrow.

"It was nice meeting you."

She gave a last wave to the trio before packing her stuff and walked down the road. It took about 15 minutes of walking to her neighborhood.

On her way there she saw a very interesting sight. A few less than normal vehicles passed by her.

A green truck, a yellow car with black racing stripes, a pink and blue motorcycle, a black and white police car, a big black truck, and a blue and red flamed semi-truck.

They were all driving in the same direction together. Curious.

She arrived at her house and saw a note on the fridge.

-Dear Cecilia,

I have a meeting that I have to go to. Sorry, I went so suddenly, it was an emergency. I'll be back at 10.30. There are leftovers in the fridge and don't stay up too late.

Love, your mom.-

She shrugged and went upstairs to her bedroom. She took a shower and changed her clothes. She looked at her self in the mirror for a moment.

Her reflection was a girl in her late-teens with white hair that goes just above her shoulders in a pixie cut. She has a few black highlights on her front hair. Soft ocean blue eyes stared back at her.

She was quite tall for girls her age with smooth light skin. She was a little on the skinny side, but certainly not weak. She wore a white sleeveless turtleneck and grey pants that stopped at her ankles.

The girl sighed and turned away. She sat on her desk and opened a page from her history books.

She spends her time reading, as there is no homework to be done.