Chapter 16: Knowledge

Shockwave's Lab, Nemesis.

(Normal POV)

After Steve dropped Cecilia to Shockwave's lab, he immediately darted off. The girl watched curiously as she watched the Vehicon run away. The laboratory is built in a similar way as Knockout's medbay.

The only difference is that there were only two berths, a large counter with a monitor above it, his equipment was hung on the wall and shelves, and a door leading to another room in the back.

Cecilia was standing on one of the shelves that was bolted on a wall. She stepped closer to the edge to look down. She gave a noise of frustration.

She was at least 20 meters above the ground. She could jump to that table in front of her but she didn't want to take any chances. Better safe than sorry. She didn't want to spend her life stuck on an alien ship with a broken leg.

She gave a sigh and walked back to her original spot. She sat down, leaning against the wall with her legs pulled up to her chest. She rests her arms on her knees and placed her head on them.

She took this opportunity to observe more closely. The chemicals he had were an unnaturally bright shade. She stared at them for a while. Wait, didn't Rumble and Frenzy ever used that for a prank?

Before she could remember what the name of the prank was, the doors slid open and surprise surprise. Shockwave walked in. She didn't move from her position but stared at him. She never had a proper introduction with this mech since Blitzwing scared her off.

The mech had some sort of drones beside him. They looked like scorpions but more robotic looking. And that they are purple. Shockwave didn't notice her directly but one of his drones alerted him.

It crawled up to her spot and made a beeping sound.

"Ah yes, the human," Shockwave stated. He walked over and grabbed her. Cecilia looked at him with a blank face.

'Does it look like I want to be man-robot handled?'

But of course, the mech didn't know what her facial expression means. He dismissed it in the thought of hanging around Soundwave too much. He placed her on a berth and pressed some buttons to make it elevated.

"Lord Megatron informed me of your, piece of jewelry." He said. His single optic not looking at the necklace but instead, he watched her face. Looking for a reaction. He got one.

Cecilia wrapped a hand around the shard. It didn't give a pulse as usual, which worried her. She stepped back when the scientist came closer. One of his drones held her arms behind her back when he used a servo to examine the crystal.

Shockwave ran a scan over the seemingly innocent gem. When he was done, he moved to his monitor and downloaded the data he got. He typed in some keys and a 3D hologram of Cecilia's crystal appeared on the counter beside the monitor. He muses his thoughts out loud.

"Interesting. It gives off the same energy signal as dark energon but at the same time has the components of an ancient relic."

Cecilia blinked at him and whispered to herself.

"I know what a dark energon is, Lord Megatron showed one to me when I went with him to the mines. But, " she paused, looking down at the shard. The light from the room reflected off the edge, casting a gleam of light.

"How can this thing be connected to dark energon?"

Shockwave turned around and looked down at the girl. "Human, Soundwave informed me that you must be returned to him immediately. I have sent him a schedule on when you will have to come down here. He is en route to this area as we speak to get you."

Cecilia nodded.

"You do not talk much for a human, don't you?" He asked.

She shook her head. Well, to be honest, mech. This girl will talk but she's kinda suspicious about what your intentions really are so for now, she'll stay quiet.

"Alright then, no wonder Soundwave had taken a liking to you." He muttered the last part. But that didn't change anything. Cecilia heard it. And she stared at him quietly, but in her mind, she was sputtering out random adjectives.

The Nemesis.

(Cecilia's POV)

"I just don't understand Ravage," I mumbled. Ravage here carried me away from Shockwave's lab. The examination today wasn't as bad as Steve told me it will. But that maybe because I was a human. And from the stories, it was a transformer who got... observed.

Ravage gave a low purr. I pat his head from where I sat on his back. He enjoyed being coddled like this, even if he doesn't want to show it.

Hey squirt, guess who's back?

I perked up at the familiar voice in my head.

"Laserbeak," I whispered.

Yep, it's me. I'm on my way back with Buzzsaw. After I report my mission to Soundwave, I'll be able to see you and the others.

'That's good then.' I smiled.

You could say that. See you later femme.

'Bye Beaky.'

Ravage gave a questioning rumble, one of his ears flicked up. I pat his head.

"Laserbeak just came back from his mission. I guess he didn't tell you that."

The cyber-panther gave a growl, agreeing to my statement. We passed the rec. room and is now heading towards the command center. Soundwave informed me that Lord Megatron requests my presence.

I wonder why.

As the doors slid open to the command center, I saw Soundwave in his usual spot behind his monitor, Starscream next to Lord Megatron and the warlord himself seated on his throne. Shockwave was also there, he was talking to Lord Megatron.

Ravage padded over to the large throne and stopped beside it. He balanced on his back paws and stood up. He used his front paws to clasp the armrest and lowered his head so I could get down. After I rubbed his head in thanks he went back to all fours and went over to where Soundwave was.

I looked up at Lord Megatron, who was looking at me with those bright red optics. I lowered my head in submission and away from his gaze.

"Cecilia, " he started. This was new. He never called me by my name. It was either human, fleshy or human femme.

"Shockwave had told me a piece of interesting information about you." He continued.

I blinked at him then looked at Shockwave. I moved my eyes to Lord Megatron again when he continued.

"Now tell me, what do you know about the Matrix of Leadership?"