Chapter 19 - Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Of course!" I turned the phone back around and let him talk to them. I called SeoYeon over and asked if we could connect my phone to their system. We had done this for the cup sleeve event for some MBBs who could not be present but wanted to participate. SeoYeon had already been setting it up and pointed to the port. "Everyone, hold on just a second." I turned the phone back to me and told Minhyuk what we were doing." The crowd screamed again. A few seconds later, his face appeared on the giant screen and I could hear his sexy voice through the speakers.

Minhyuk was able to have a short, impromptu video fanmeet with some very lucky Monbebes. They mostly asked him questions about us, surprisingly, instead of the comeback or any of the normal things. I blushed at a couple of the questions and he answered as politely as he could. After about 10 minutes, he said goodbye to them and asked Monbebes if he could talk to me again before he had to go. I quickly disconnected my phone from the equipment and ran to the back room.

"Sunny-ah that was so fun! Why didn't you tell me?"

"They surprised me just before you called. I did not expect you to be awake."

"I miss you, jagiya. I will call you tonight before practice. I have some good news too. I have to go now though. I love you." He blew kisses to the screen.

"I miss you too. I can't wait to hear your good news. I love you so much, MinMin." He disconnected the call and I held the phone to my chest and let out a big sigh. I hated that his call to tell me something had been hi-jacked, but it was good. I went back into the room and the crowd was still excited. They were already sharing it on social media. They asked me about our dates, how we met, how he smelled, if he is really always that hyper... the usual things fans want to know.

The guys were ramping up their interactions with Monbebes ahead of the comeback had been very active on VLive lately... except for Minhyuk. After today, he would probably start again. Monbebes had been disciplined and were starting to behave better. We even had supporters!

The next morning, we video chatted again. It was evening for him. The timing was a bit of a drag since when my day was starting his was ending. I couldn't wait until we were together again. I was working on making a return trip but I did not want to tell him until things were a bit more solid.

"I missed you, Princess. I thought about you all day and I couldn't wait to call you again."

"Tell me! What is the good news?" I was pacing around the room, fingering the whale necklace he had given me.

"I actually have 2 things. First, when we come for the filming, I have to stay with the members, but I will have my own room and you can stay with me. We usually flip a coin to see who gets to be alone, but the members all voted for me to have it this time! I just have to figure out how to get you there." He grew quiet, thinking of a plan. "We need to get you checked in to the hotel. I will leave instructions at the hotel desk for them to give you a key. I will be at the studio already. You can come there after you get your things into the room."

"This is so exciting! I have never seen anything filmed and my first time will be with you," I laughed. "Will it be awkward for you with me watching?"

"No, I think it will be better. I will give a better performance for you, a sexier one." My body heated up at the thought.

"Monbebes in the audience will be jealous. I know I would be."

"I will give them some extra attention too." He laughed. I could hear someone call for him, but it did not sound like one of the members. "Hold on just a minute, jagi. Manager needs me." Joohoney appeared on the screen behind Minhyuk.

"I will talk to her, Hyung," he said as he took the phone from Minhyuk. The other members jumped in too. "Noona! Are you well? We are taking care of him for you. When will we see you again?"

I laughed at their eagerness. They were like a bunch of adorable puppies vying for my attention. "I will be at the filming, but I am not sure other than that. Is MinMin resting? Is he eating well?" I asked, expecting a better answer from them than what Minhyuk would tell me.

"He is resting and eating well. Noona..." Joohoney paused, "you are really good for him. I have never seen him like this about anyone. Thank you for loving our Minhyukkie and not letting him go. He misses you like crazy..." The others agreed and Minhyuk returned, asking what we were talking about.

"Oh nothing, just catching up," I winked at him and he smiled and looked around at his brothers. He started hitting at them and yelling at them to be nice to me. They all laughed and said bye.

"Did they say anything bad?"

"No, they certainly did not say anything bad," I smiled. "Now tell me the other thing!"

"Oh, I almost forgot," he laughed. "Although it is a little while away, after Christmas we are going on hiatus for a month!"

"What? A month off?? Chincha?"

"Yes, a month."

"No cameras?"

"Only yours."

"Oh Minhyuk! That is incredible news!! I have already been saving for another trip! Do you know the dates yet? I need to get my plane ticket." His smile was so bright that it could be seen from space. "I miss you, jagiya. I can't wait to see you."

"I miss you too, Princess." We talked for a few more minutes and he told me we would get the details soon for the room and he would give me dates for the hiatus soon.

I floated around the room singing and this annoyed Simon greatly, so he went to the other room. I went to him and apologized for upsetting him. I gave him some treats as a peace offering and he accepted with loud purrs.

I had been saving money like crazy since I got back. Staying with Halmeoni had helped a lot because I did not have to spend money on a room. I had sold quite a few prints and paintings lately as well. I wasn't sure if it was because of my popularity amongst Monbebes, or if it was my actual work. It didn't really matter. They were buying my stuff and I had a nice little chunk saved for my next trip.

I called Nikki and told her about the "fanmeeting" and Minhyuk's news. She was relieved at the support we were receiving and excited for the hiatus. She asked if I would be staying in the dorm or if we were going somewhere. It occurred to me that I had no clue... and that I did not care! As long as I was with him, it did not matter.

We talked for a few more minutes and Tori came into the room. She had started listening to K-pop when I have stayed with them a couple of years ago. She liked Monsta X, but they were her second favorite group. She was an EXO-L and Chanyeol was her bias. Her Monsta X bias was also Minhyuk and we would fangirl together sometimes when I was over. I had brought her a special Minggom that he signed specially for her. Tori struggled with a lot of teenage insecurities and having the personalized gift had really helped her self-confidence. She came over and hijacked the conversation, asking me about Minhyuk. I knew she was not interested in the things she could find out online, so I went right to the good stuff.

"He called me this morning as soon as he woke up. His hair was messy and he looked adorable."

"Ohh Aunt Sunny, you are so lucky! I hope I meet Chanyeol someday and he falls in love with me like Minhyuk did with you!" I could picture her clutching her chest and swooning sideways. The image made me giggle and she started laughing. "I know I am too young for him... but only for 4 more years! A lot can happen in 4 years, you know."

"I definitely know that! And if I get the chance to meet him, I will make sure to tell him you are waiting for him."

"Yes please! That would be so incredible!"

"OK, you two have had enough fangirling for tonight! Homework isn't going to do itself, missy," Nikki spoke up and took the phone back. I heard Tori yell goodnight as she headed off to do homework.

"I gotta go too, time for Min's show," I chuckled.

"Fine, go watch your very handsome, famous boyfriend on TV. Just leave us regular people here all alone." Nikki loved teasing me and did it every chance she got.

"OK, see ya!" We laughed and hung up. I snuggled in with my Goms and watched my very handsome, famous boyfriend on TV.