Amy

Amy is setting on the soft fabric couch near the window, Ashley is sitting next to her, and Cedric has now taken a seat on the armrest of the couch, next to Amy. 

Draco and Cedric are glaring at each other very intensely, but Ashley tries to break the tension, "So, Malfoy, you seem rather fawned over our Amy, that's nice."

Draco breaks his and Cedric's staring match, and looks over at Ashley, "Yes, she's a great girl, there's nothing not to be fawned of when it comes to her."

He looks away and pulls a book off the shelf next to the window.

Ashley places her hand on her chest, and mouths, "That's so sweet!" 

Amy rolls her eyes, and smiles.

For a moment, Amy forgets what she'd been crying about, but then is hit by the pain of her mom's letter, and feels tears prick her eyes. 

Cedric looks over at Amy, and puts a hand on her shoulder, his long fingers grip slightly.

Draco looks over, and grinds his teeth, "Doggory?" 

Cedric looks up, "Yes Malfoy?"

"How 'bout you take your hands off her?" He says harshly,

In a calm voice, Cedric says, "Sorry, 'bout that." Cedric does what he says, then adds, "But, we're just friends, mate." 

Draco scoffs, "I'm not jealous, if that's what you're implying."

"I just wanted to make sure that you knew." Cedric says.

"Great." Draco says, after a beat, he says, "I should get going, we don't need people to think--"

"That your having sex again?" Cedric says with a bit of harshness in his voice, he stands, "Yeah, we wouldn't want that again."

Draco clenches his jaw, but instead of fighting Cedric, he looks down to Amy, "I'll see you at dinner." and slowly exits the common room.

"I just don't like the guy!" Cedric says while they walk into the hall for dinner, 

Amy sighs, "Fine, but he and I are friends, and I've forgiven him."

Cedric gestures dramatically, "How?" he chuckles, "He started a rumor about you two having sex! Ya'll are twelve."

They take their seats, "He didn't start that rumor." She shakes her head,

Ashley butts in, "Yeah, and he basically called her perfect today, so..." 

"But he got jealous over one of your closes friends, trying to cheer you up." Cedric chuckles, "Bit obsessive, if you ask me."

Amy glares at him, "Well, I didn't ask you!" she almost yells, and people stare.

Ashley lowers her voice to a whisper, "You two," she points at Cedric and Amy, "Need to calm the fuck down, okay?"

Both Cedric and Amy roll their eyes.

"Amy," Ashley says, "Ced is just trying to protect you, he just wants to make sure your safe." Amy nods, and looks at Cedric with thoughtful eyes. Ashley turns to Cedric, "And you, Amy is very smart, and wouldn't give her friendship to someone, if she doesn't trust them. So let her be." 

Cedric rolls his eyes, but says to Amy, "I'm sorry for steping out of line."

Amy gives him a sweet smile, "It's okay. And thank you for watching out for me." 

"No problem." He winks, 

Amy's heart flutters, and her cheeks start to heat up.

Cedric smirks, and starts eating his lamb chop. 

Amy tries to ignore the feeling, so she shoves a scoop of mashed potatoes in her mouth, and thinks about the fact that Draco got jealous again, and how much she liked it.