Chapter 4: Draco

A few weeks later, Draco is sitting at the Slytherin table with Crabbe and Goyle, Draco is watching Amy, she is, once again, sitting with Diggory, laughing, and chatting about Merlin knows what. Draco feels another pain in his chest, If she keeps doing this, she's going to kill me. He thinks. 

Amy turns to him, and his heart jumps, she smiles slightly and turns back around. 

"What are you looking at?" asks Crabbe, making Draco flinch, 

"Nothing." He turns away, and says harshly,

"Were you staring at that Hufflepuff, that is obsessed with you?" Goyle laughs,

Draco turns to Goyle, "At least I have a girl who is obsessed with me."

"What'd you mean by that?" Goyle asks, 

"I mean," Draco says in a rude tone, "If I looked like you, then I'd probably never get the  attention of the opposite sex."

Goyle places his attention back to his plate, and Draco feels a sting of guilt, but shrugs it off.

Later that day, Draco is standing in one of the arches they used to go to everyday, he peeks his head out, and see's Amy walking his way. 

She walks past it, but Draco pulls her in, she lets out a small yelp, then laughs when she see's him, "Hey, I didn't know we had a plan to meet here." she says,

Draco shakes his head, "We didn't, I just wanted to say 'hi'." 

"Oh," she smiles, "Okay."

they stand there in silence for a few moments, Amy looks up at him, "Can I go now?" she says in a small voice,

"Um," he swallows, "How's Diggory?" 

She pinches her brows together, tilts her head, and smiles, "Fine." 

He nods, "Good." 

"Um, okay." she tries to leave, but he pulls her back in, "What?" she asks, 

He opens his mouth, then shuts it, he look down at Amy, but notices something missing, "Why aren't you wearing your necklace?"

Amy grabs her chest, "I guess I forgot it this morning." she shrugs,

"Do you know how much that cost?" 

She's obviously taken aback, but she hits back, "Probably more then my mother's apartment, right?" she rolls her eyes,

"No, Amy, Fuck." He sighs, "I didn't mean it like that."

"Look, I get it," she says, "Your jealous, but don't try to dig your feelings down, then insult me."

He laughs, "I'm not jealous."

She rolls her eyes again, "Fine," she sighs, "Your not jealous. but, since you call yourself my friend, don't insult me." she turns to leave, but then says, "I was having a really good birthday before I talked to you." 

"Shit, Amy," He says, "I didn't know it was your birthday. I didn't get you anything."

"Good," she scoffs, "Because I don't need you to keep throwing your money around to impress me."

"That's not what I was trying to do." He says, but thinks, But, does it impress you?

"Then don't rub it my face, that you" she laughs  "-Correction-, you father bought me something nice." 

Draco says calmly, "I didn't mean to make it sound like I was looking down on you, or your family."

"Well, you did." she folds her arms, "I get people looking down on my family all day, and I really don't need you to do it too."

"I don't look down on you or your family, Amy." 

"Oh, really?" she says with a little sass,

"Really." he says kindly, 

"Then we do you look down on Ron Weasley?" she scoffs, "I'm just as poor as him, and you say terrible things about him and his family."

"It's not the same--"

"Then what is it?" she questions, 

"It's life darling." he's getting irritated, "I like you, but I don't like him, so I make fun of him for the being poor, but I don't make fun of you for being poor because, I don't view you as being poor, and I care for you."

Amy glares at him, "That is the stupidest shit I've ever heard." she exits the dark arch.