Chapter 5: Amy

The news of Hagrid (the gamekeeper, that lives in a small cabin on school grounds) being arrested, and Professor Dumbledore being suspended, left chatter and worry in the students minds. Amy was worried that the heir would find the school weaker without Dumbledore, and maybe kill someone because he's gone. 

Amy paced her dorm room, Ashley is setting on Amy's bed, trying to talk her down, "Maybe the heir will just leave, now that they know how serious the school is taking this."

Amy scoffs, "They aren't taking this seriously, Mr. Malfoy just wanted to get rid of Professor  Dumbledore, and saw that this was a good way to do so!"

Ashley gets up, and walks to Amy, she puts her hands on he shoulders, "Amy, everything's fine. You are okay."

"People could die!" Tears start to stream down her face, and she leans into Ashley's shoulder. 

After potions class, Amy walks besides Draco, "Suck up." She says quietly,

Draco turns to her slightly and smiles, "What?" he gasps, and puts him hand on his chest, "Me? being a suck up?" He jokes, "Impossible."

Amy chuckles, "You are such an ass."

"I can't act like I'm not happy about Dumbledore being suspended, I have to be like this." He says without looking at her,

"I know." She smiles, "It's just annoying." She hands him her letter.

He takes it, and hands over his letter, and winks.

Amy's stomach fills with butterflies, and her face quickly heats up. Amy turns away, but before she does, she see's him smirking.

She enters the Hufflepuff common room, and see's Ashley and Cedric are sitting on a large yellow and black striped couch. 

Amy smiles, "Hi, what are you guy's doing here?"

Cedric stretches, "We're skipping today."

Amy chuckles, and throws her bag down at Ashley's feet, and lays down on the couch, putting her head in Ashley's lap.

Ashley looks down at her, "How was your day?"

Amy shrugs, "Eh." she turns on her her side and pulls the letter out of her bag, and rolls back over to her back.

Cedric pulls the letter out of her hand, "What's this?"

Amy reaches over and takes the letter back, "It's a letter from Draco."

"Oh my Merlin!" Ashley squeals, and Amy flinches at the high pitch sound, "He's writing you letters! That's is the most romantic thing ever, it says so in most romance novels."

Cedric sighs, "There you go again with the dirty books."

Ashley and Amy both glare at him, and at the same time say, "Not all romance novels are dirty!" 

Amy looks up at Ashley and says, "We write each other letter because we can't sneak off and see each other anymore."

"Well, its still cute." she smiles. 

Cedric snatches the letter out of Amy's hands again, "Then let's read it."

Amy sits up and tries to take the letter back, but he quickly stands up, "Come on, there's nothing to hide. We're all friends here."

Amy sighs and smiles, "Fine, but I read it aloud."

Cedric hands Amy the letter, and she unfolds it, she starts to read:

Dearest Amy, I know that you can "hold your own", trust me, I know, it's just that I have noticed you acting okay when people degrade you, but with all honesty, you should never feel degraded. you are perfect in every way possible, to your curly hair, and green eyes, to the strength you hold inside, which only I see. Never let a person tell you that you are anything less then a dream.  I see why 'Little Women' is your favorite, it shows the strength of family and sisters. Do you have any? sisters I mean.I just assume that every Hufflepuff is a cat person for some reason or another. Now to answering your questions: I am keeping up with my studies, and doing well in most of them. Herdology is the only one were I'm a bit behind. I don't want to play anymore Qudditch because I feel too much presser from my father, but he'll never let me quite. He expects me to be perfect, and the perfect son play's Qudditch. Now, I have to tell you, I would like to take that sweater that you knitted, as long as it's not yellow or anything like that. If you don't mind of course. I really like the book, but for some reason, I find myself hating Amy, she seems like a brat, that is never happy with anything. I mean, her family is poor, but she just needs pickled lemons. What a twat. Anyway, that's all that's going on, I hope your mum has god news.

Forever yours, Draco Malfoy

Ashley grabs the letter, and with a huge grin says, "'Forever yours'? That is so romantic!" 

Cedric looks over Ashley's shoulder, "I have a admit, that is very sweet, and you two need to confess your love for each other."

Amy rolls her eyes, and Ashley hands the letter back to her, "I can't, he's my best friend, he's my world, I have a shitty life outside of this school, and he helps me forget about it." Amy exhales sharply, "I'm not going to ruin that over some schoolgirl crush."

Cedric and Ashley nod.

Amy shrugs. She pulls out her schoolbooks, and tries to forget about the hold he has on her, but then thinks about, "Forever yours," instead. and at that moment, an owl comes to the window, and drops off the letter from Amy's mom.