Amy

"Why does he keep hurting me?" Amy asks Ashley and Cedric, while sitting in the Hufflepuff common room.

Cedric, who is hanging upside-down out the couch, says, "Maybe because everything people say about him is true."

Ashley scoffs at Cedric, "No," she puts her hand on Amy's shoulder, "He is for sure in love with you, he's just doing that 'Pulling on your pig-tails' thing."

Amy sighs, "He did get jealous when he saw that I as talking to Ced." Amy calls him Ced sometimes.

Cedric sits up, "He was jealous?" he looks down, "Well, that does make a difference."

Ashley gestures to Cedric, "See, even he thinks you two should be together."

Amy picks at the soft fabric on the yellow couch, "But, maybe he is just an ass, and thinks of me as a dirty Mudblood." she stops picking at the fabric, and turns to her friends, "Then, if I tell him I like him, he just laughs at me."

Cedric clears his throat, and shifts in his seat, "Well, at least you would't have to question whether or not he likes you anymore."

Ashley turns to Cedric and gives him a glare, "Your not helping." then she turns to Amy, "He tries to be nice to you, which he never does for anyone else, he sneaks off to see you during the day, and after curfew, and he glances your way all the time. That's love."

"That's friendship." Cedric says, "They are young, and best friends, they sneak off to see each other because no one can know that a Hufflepuff and a Malfoy are hanging out."

Ashley stands and walks over a window, "I believe that most friendships end in love, that's what romance novels tell us."

Cedric laughs, "This isn't some dirty romance novel, this is two kids having fun and being young." he scoffs, "And we're friends, and I know that we won't fall in love."

Ashley turns to him and smiles, "That's because I don't play for your team."

Amy pinches her eyebrows together, "Quidditch?" she asks.

Cedric chuckles, "She's gay. She likes woman."

Amy laughs, "Oh, duh, Merlin I'm stupid." She feels her face heat up.

Ashley keeps talking, "But, that doesn't mean you need won't fall in love with one of your friends."   

"I don't think Chad would be up for it." he jokes. 

A few days later the school was buzzing about another attack, this attack was of Hermione Granger and a fifth-year girl from Ravenclaw. 

Draco and Amy have to be followed everywhere, so they can't go and sneak off anymore, but they pass notes when Snape has to walk his potions class to other classes or dorms. 

Amy and Draco walk silently next to each other while Snape walks the potions class to other places. Amy grabs Draco's hand and hands him a note, and grabs the one he hands her. 

She shoves the note into her bag.

Amy and Draco share a quick smile, but is interrupted by Snape, "Miss Ryan!"

Amy looks up, "Yes Professor?"

"Where am I taking you?" he asks in a slow and deep voice, 

"Hufflepuff dormitory." She answers.

He sighs, "Very well, that will be our next stop, since it's close."

Amy nods, then realizes that he can't see her, "Okay." she says quietly.

Snape and most of the potions class drops off Amy at the stack of barrels, and waits for her to knock on them and to be let in, before they leave. 

She walks into the common room and finds that its almost completely empty. She walks the her room and slumps down onto her bed, and sighs. 

Amy remembers Draco's letter, and rushes to get it out of her bag, she finds the note and unfolds it; it reads: 

My dearest Amy, I am very confused about that book you gave me, are they really 'Little Women' or are they just children? I like the book so far, but it seems rather long. And I read that it was written during the Civil War, that was a long time ago, Amy. Next time you give me a book to read, make sure I was alive when it was written. I love Joe, she seems to have a lot going on, and I feel like everyone expects her to carry the weight of their worries and doubt. I can relate to that, I am like that for the people around me sometimes. I have to be strong and never show weakness, but what should I expect? I'm the son of Lucius Malfoy, if I show weakness, then people will think that he is also weak. But, I am just a kid, and I feel weak sometimes.

Forever yours, Draco Malfoy

Amy closes her eyes and sighs, I wish he could be a kid, and not have to deal with his fathers constant presser. She thinks to herself.