Chapter 1 - The Beginning Of The Night

The clock struck midnight, Bulma was having dinner with her parents at the mansion of Fujita, a friend of her father. The blue-haired woman found the evening stifling. At some point, she found an excuse to get out of that dreadful dinner to get some air. At that same time, Vegeta and Ratiz broke into the office of Fujita to steal the permit so they be able to deal guns freely in a certain location. Bulma wondered off in the corridors of the huge mansion and ended up smoking her cigarette outside of Fujita's office gazing at the shiny stars. 'Why does mother always insist on me coming along to these stupid events, especially to the house of this hateful man, I could have been working on my project now instead of listening to him.' A sudden noise came out of the office interrupting her thoughts. The young woman decided to walk towards it and to her surprise, two masculine men dressed in elegant, yet shabby suits came out of the office holding heavy guns in their hands. Bulma stopped and took a step back. Ratiz, the man that came out last, turned and looked at her. Bulma was dressed in a deep blue gown, that bring out her sapphire blue eyes, going all the way to the floor with a huge slit on the side, she looked stunning in her dress but her porcelain face was white as a sheet.

"Boss that woman saw as, what should I do with her?" Ratiz addressed the other man.

Bulma's cigar slit through her petite fingers and fall to the ground as she saw the other man refer to as "boss" staring her dead in the eyes.

"Let's bounce she is no threat to us." Vegeta said indifferently.

"But what if she knows who we are?" Ratiz argued.

Vegeta lit his cigar and took a few steps closer to her, "Well, do you know who we are?" He said arrogantly.

Bulma hesitantly answered, "you are members of the Saiyajin and seeing how he called you boss you must be Vegeta, the leader right?"

Vegeta: oh I see, you are well informed, aren't ya?

Bulma: everyone knows about the Saiyajin is in this city it wasn't hard to realize who you are.

Vegeta: Right, and what is a girl like you doing here, are you one of Fujita's mistress?

Bulma: Of course not! My family is having dinner with him. I will suppose you are not here for the same reason.

Vegeta: You suppose correctly, still it doesn't matter what you suppose since you told us you know us, I have to get rid of you.

He menacingly pointed his loaded gun at her forehead. "You know, it hurts to kill a pretty girl like you." He said while lowering his nasal voice.

Bulma's heart was shivering in her chest, without a second to lose she shouted at him "WAIT! It won't do you any good if you kill me cause I am not going to say anything about you."

"And why wouldn't ya, did you like me that much?" The charming boss replied mockingly.

Bulma took a deep breath and firmly answered as her voice laced with abhorrence, "because I hate Fujita, that asshole has been lying to my father about his investments for years now and I could never get any proof of that, so whatever you do to him he deserves it. I meant it, I won't say to anyone that I saw you here."

Vegeta: Is that so... 

"Yes, I not lying just to get away with my life. I don't owe that asshole anything so I have nothing to gain if I speak." Even though the young woman was scared she replied solidly and fearlessly to him.

Ratiz that was monitoring their conversation till now turned to his boss and said, "you don't believe her, do you Vegeta?"

Vegeta threw his cigar in the grass, took a good look at Bulma and said, "let's get the fuck out of here Ratiz we don't got any other business here, but first." He stopped and glance at her threateningly, "You. Turn around and walk till I tell you to stop."

Her breath was shaking, her pulse was raising but she knew that she had to obey him. She slowly turned around and tentatively started walking.

Vegeta: good, now keep walking without looking back.

Bulma kept walking hardly daring to breathe, after she took a few more steps a hushed silence concealed the place. She couldn't resist. She turned around just to see that no one was there. She took a gasp of air, her knees couldn't hold her anymore, she fell on the wooden floor paralyzed and stayed there.

The treacherous duo was already in the car heading to their headquarters.

Ratiz's curiosity took the better of him and while he was driving his boss back he asked him, "yo, Vegeta why didn't you kill that woman? I mean did you believe her."

Vegeta: actually I did, I saw hatred in her eyes when she was talking about Fujita but that's not why I let her live.

Ratiz: why did ya then?

Vegeta: cuz the saiyajin doesn't just go around killing people especially an unarmed girl, it will make us look weak, didn't I teach you that.

"yeah but it's not like we haven't done it before." Ratiz answered back.

Vegeta stopped short for a second and said in a lower tone, "this was different."

Ratiz was weirded out he never heard Vegeta talk like that before, his voice was soothing. "Why? what was the difference?" Ratiz replied to him puzzled.

"Shut your mouth already with your questions, let's just go back. We got business to take care of tonight." Vegeta said to him aggressively but that wasn't enough to convince Ratiz that that was really the reason, and even worse that wasn't even enough to convince Vegeta. From the moment he laid his eyes on her he saw something in her and the young boss knew it, that's why he tried to compress that feeling she spark into him deep down.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and leave a coment for anything you liked or didn't like. Also, make sure to keep on reading because a lot more interesting and fascinating chapters are coming. Want to find out how the relationship between Bulma and Vegeta will evolve?            Once again, thank you please show me some suport to continue writting.