Chapter 5

I thought once we finally made it to Hogwarts, that the building would be in ruins and there would be students and professors running around trying to keep the threat at bay, but that wasn't true. Hogwarts looked exactly the same as I remembered, except for a few small details. 

"I thought you said I needed to be here immediately," I asked, looking at Cirrus as we walked into the entrance courtyard. 

"I think my exact words were that you need to come to help protect Hogwarts," he answered, waving at some of the students as he passed by.

Many of the students looked happy, going about their normal day. Most were talking about their Christmas breaks and what they were excited to do this semester, none seemed to be concerned about any threats or dangers.

So, why am I here if they are all fine? I thought to myself as I followed Cirrus into main hallway that leads to the Great Hall and the other towers. 

I looked around the building, seeing all the paintings come alive and talk to any passerby's that stopped to stare. There was a painting of a women in black, crying. I walked over to her, looking at the little label under her painting: First Wizarding War Mourner.

"Dear," she cried, wiping her tears into a napkin, "are you to help me?"

I shook my head sadly, "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do to help you."

"She's not asking for help," a familiar voice said. 

I recognized the voice. The voice was dripping with confidence and there was only one person that had that much confidence: Draco Malfoy. I internally groaned and turned around with a fake smile planted on my lips, "Draco! Long time, no see."

He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest, "I could go without seeing you, but why are you here? Hogwarts doesn't need a freak like you."

I forced myself to stay smiling, but anger flared inside me. Even after all that's happened in the past couple of years, he's still as cocky and annoying as ever.

"Cirrus Seble came to get me. I didn't want to come back. Personally, I could've gone without seeing your ugly face ever again."

He smirked, "what a comeback, I don't know how I will ever recover from that," he spat sarcastically, placing a hand over his heart.

I rolled my eyes and peered passed him, Cirrus was eyeing us from the doors of the Great Hall. I waved to him before looking back at Draco.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm not the best liar," I lied, walking around him towards the Great Hall. 

I smirked as I passed him, knowing full well I was paid to lie and manipulate Muggles into believing in shadow creatures and magic. I've grown since the last time I was here and he'll see that soon.

Draco coughed as I passed by him, but I didn't look back to see what he was doing. Ignoring him while attending Hogwarts was easy, so it shouldn't be a problem this time around. 

He was in Slytherin house while I was in Hufflepuff. We never hung out as our groups of friends never had a reason to. The only reason he knows me is because of my gift, because Sybill Trelawney and myself are both Seers. A gift that I wish I didn't have.