Chapter 1

I stifled a yawn as I placed a hand over my mouth, these fools are so gullible. I can sell them water and say it's the holy water that Satan has made impure and they would all jump to have something of the devils. All fools- they believe in magic yet none see the world around them.

I laughed quietly as I watched a group of people begin to crowd outside my Voodoo shop. All wanting potions and spells to help with their pest problems.

I put on my best fake smile, "alohomora!" I kept my wand from Hogwarts hidden in my sleeve and pulled it out discretely as I recited the spell for opening doors.

 The door opened slowly, the sound of creaking and gasping coming from the crowd.

"I knew she was the real deal! The real Queen of snakes! She probably has deadly poisons and potions in there!" A hushed voice exclaimed excitedly as they all hurried through the small doors.

I rolled my eyes, walking through the same door that led into the front. I greeted each customer as they came in, all agreeing and telling them all my latest adventure of coming face to face with the creatures that dwell in the shadows. 

"I never knew that the creatures of darkness were so scared of anything shiny," I exclaimed, adding a small laugh for emphasis before continuing, "it's weird. For some reason, the reason slipping my mind for now, is I had this beautiful pink bottle of shavings with me when I was attacked." 

I sighed, most of my adventure stories came from Hogwarts, but not all.

"What is the pink shavings?" One customer asked, with a look of awestruck written clearly on her face.

I gave her a small, warm smile handing her the bottle, "some of it is from the faeries in the gardens. They are the ones who help bloom the flowers and vegetables in everyone's gardens. The rest is from the sprites that live near water. Water sprites, if you may," I answered, shaking the small bottle before placing it gently into her hands.

She squealed and ran off to tell her parents who looked over at me with a sad look. Everyone grew out of believing in magic once they realized they lived in a mundane world. these Muggles would never see the true magic of the world as it was forbidden by the Ministry. All Muggles grow out of believing in magic.

I gave them a quick wave before continuing my story to the other waiting customers.

"The creatures of darkness, in my community, are known as Dementors. Their bodies would change and shift as the shadows that made them up would change and cease to exist. Dementors are made up of human shadows. During the day, they would steal the shadows from a human passerby who didn't realize anything except for what they want to realize. They gain so many shadows they become these creatures," I rambled on, quickening my voice as a way to make it seem like this was information everyone should've known, but obviously wasn't anything more than my imagination. Dementors mixed with a little bit of my imagination. 

"So if the pink bottle was able to rid them, will they be able to return? Are the shadows of those poor victims sent back to their proper person," someone inquired.

I recognized the voice and groaned inwardly. It was Austin, the man known for discrediting my people. My Voodoo community. For ruining the lives and jobs of my people. He would call us out on our lies in front of crowds and when most would stumble all over their lies, many would come to the realization that they were being blackmailed into buying nothing more than simple homemade potions and poisons.  Though, for them, they were all Muggles. They were profiting off manipulation and deceit, while I was just putting a twist on the truth.

I sighed, placing a magnificent smile on my face as I walked through the crowd towards him. Everyone around me groaned as they were upset about the story not being finished, but I didn't mind. They would all come back eventually to hear a new tale that I have created- or actually witnessed with a few alterations.

"Austin, my favorite disbeliever," I sarcastically spat quietly as I shook his awaiting hand, "you do realize your disbelief and negative aura that I'm picking up on can cause damage to my reputation and the very real potions and spells I sell"

He rolled his vibrant blue eyes before glaring at me. His eyes held me in place for a moment as if they were icing over from his cold personality, "why hello my least favorite thief. All stuff in here is fake. I have discredited many who say they possess the black magic that is written in myths and legends, yet most try to find the real deal. My Bexley," he stopped, running a calloused finger over my cheek, "I hear you are the new lady to fear. The Queen of snakes. The queen of all things deadly?"

I shuddered from his touch, taking a small step back from his overshadowing posture, "now Austin that's no way to talk to your crush," I winked as he continue to glare daggers in my direction which I chose to ignore, "you discredit the frauds and manipulative liars. You show people the light so they may find me, the real deal," I blew a kiss in his direction as I turned away from him. Quietly, I pointed my arm up to a light, whispering "finestra."